Is there life after Chelsea?

ethicalstrategy

We may have a mixed record when it comes to signing players, but we seems to know when to get rid of them

I have been really struggling to think of any player who has left since Abramovich arrived who has gone on to be a resounding success at another club.

I'm sure there are others, but off the top of my head:

Gallas - first season at Arsenal finished 4th, didn't play too much, played out of position still. This season started much better. He may be the only one who could be considered to still be successful.

Guddy - bit part player at Barca

Robben - barely played through injury at Madrid. Last injury in training after Xmas!

Parker - is he still playing football?

Duff - makes Robben look resilient

Kezman - ???

Tiago - last heard of failing to impress at Juve

Smertin - bit part player at Fulham?

Huth - seeing why he never made it at Chelsea

Glen Johnson - not doing bad at Pompey to be fair

Geremi - journeyman at Newcastle

Carlton Cole - leading the line at West Ham - surely must be due an England call up soon? icon_wink.gif

Veron - words fail me

Crespo - steady at Inter but not a regular starter I don't think

I've ignored those who left in the initial months like JFH, Gronks, Melchiot etc but I think the same applies.

They may have gone backwards, but alot of it is to do with the side you're playing in, if you're getting a game that is.

From that list though, I'd still swap Sheva for Crespo, Pizza for Guddy, SWP for Robben, Kalou for Duff, Parker or Gerimi for Sidwell and I Gallas for Ben Haim.

They may have gone backwards, but alot of it is to do with the side you're playing in, if you're getting a game that is.

From that list though, I'd still swap Sheva for Crespo, Pizza for Guddy, SWP for Robben, Kalou for Duff, Parker or Gerimi for Sidwell and I Gallas for Ben Haim.

Wouldn't swap Kalou or SWP.

Archived