Chelsea Managers Together In Switzerland!

dreadis

Just read on the CFC official site an interview with Felipe. And the most interesting thing is that he is at some coaches training in Switzerland....together with Jose and Claudio!!

Would just love to see the pic of three of them together, and I am not being ironic here!!

Just read on the CFC official site an interview with Felipe. And the most interesting thing is that he is at some coaches training in Switzerland....together with Jose and Claudio!!

Would just love to see the pic of three of them together, and I am not being ironic here!!

Jose's to Claudio with a snigger 'Don't mention Robinho'' ;)

ELITE EVALUATED

Posted on: Sat 06 Sep 2008

Felipe Scolari has declared his first experience of Uefa's Elite Club Coaches Forum worthwhile following two days spent Switzerland.

The Brazilian may be one of the most experienced and most successful managers in world football but European club management is a fresh experience. The chance to discuss important subjects with his peer group while the majority of his players are with their countries was time well spent.

Tactical and technical trends, the evolution of European club competitions, the leadership role of the modern coach, how coaches cope with the demands of the high-pressure game today, and their relationship with match officials were among the topics covered by 23 top managers.

'I have very much enjoyed the last two days,' Scolari said before departing Uefa headquarters in Nyon.

'We discussed a lot of things. We talked about issues for our clubs for the future; issues that we have to sort out.'

The forum was attended by managers from all the major European leagues, with Scolari joined by Alex Ferguson and Arsène Wenger from the Barclays Premier League - and it was aided by a gloves-off approach,

'The best thing is the relationship between all the coaches that are here,' Scolari explained.

'It is fantastic. All of the coaches here talk about the new rules and the role of the coach and what happens in the games. We had good discussions.

'In these meetings we had coaches that have a lot of experience and some younger coaches with not so much, but everyone contributed to the discussions very well.'

In previous years, this week would have seen Scolari among the national coaches those present had handed their star players over to on a temporary basis, not without concern.

'When you are the coach for a national team you work the same way as for a club,' is Scolari's first-hand view.

'But it is different in some ways. For the club you are a manager for just that club and its fans. As national coach you are the manager for the whole country.

'The training is the same, but when you are in the national team maybe you have to be more political than when you are with a club. You need a very good relationship with all the club coaches, the players and the fans.

'In Chelsea I need a good relationship with my players everyday. It's good if I have good relations with other teams, but my contact everyday is with my players.

'With the national team I have contact with players for two or three days, then after, no more.'

Archived