Are Liverpool Taking Over Us As The Most Hated Team In The Premiership?

blizeH

Seems like people are fed up of them scraping through every match and every decision seeming to go their way, and the tides are turning against them in terms of popularity.

There are still plenty of morons around who love them for their 'rich history' and 'best England player ever Stevie Gerrard', yet but there's an increasing number of people commenting on how lucky Liverpool are recently (even the commentators and pundits), and with comments like "I hope you destroy them next week." (said by my neutral mate) it seems a lot of people have quite simply had enough.

They always used to be jammy in the Champion's League, but that's translated into domestic football too, quite worrying if I'm honest, but hopefully it won't last too long.

KTBFFH.

:D

Whatever happened to the MOTD tradition of showing whatever team was top of the league first? Funny thing, not once have we been the main match this season, and tonight it's those scouse c**ts again. Which I'm not watching because the bar stewards nicked yet another win against 10 men.

Whatever happened to the MOTD tradition of showing whatever team was top of the league first? Funny thing, not once have we been the main match this season, and tonight it's those scouse c**ts again. Which I'm not watching because the bar stewards nicked yet another win against 10 men.

Not only that but yet another rediculous sending off went their way.

Liverpool are just aragoant b******s and their get out of jail cards will eventually run out. I was at a party last night and was chatting to a Pool fan. Nice guy but completely deluded and totally taken in by their recent results . He believes that this is their season [again], Claims Robbie Keane will become a Liverpool legend and i wont even begin to repeat his comments regarding Stevie Geee because its Sunday and i dont want to put you off your Sunday dinner. I got to the stage where i couldnt listen to the c**t anymore . I love a good football debate with fellow fans but you just cant get any sence out of these people and you never will. Watching tv today ive noticed the critics are slowly starting to see through all the hype surrounding them and its long overdue.

I think Blize has a point. In the past they were never much liked among other FANS because, well, they were liverplod, and Rafa was a totally disrespectful bar steward in similar fashion to Jose but with a different way of pissing people off (airing official business in the public eye)

Now that they have become the jammiest of the jammy, and are getting these absurd situations every week, I think they really are becoming as disliked as we were before (press scandals, terrible style of play, Jose, etc) because they look like garbage and are somehow getting the win every week.

Then again, this is basically what they did ALL THE TIME in Europe that became so infuriating to watch from the outside. But Bruce's rant and frustrations dont seem to be an isolated thing this season, and combined with Rafa constantly bitching about decisions and not having any money (while spending more than all but Spuds and the manchester sides) have made people tired of his b.s., methinks

Im sure when the close games start to go against them, the fans wont be far behind. For, as much as they look like title contenders from the table, they have looked every bit as unconvincing in those actual games.

Is their history a big part of the 'love in '. Is it wrong to critisise them because they have won it 5 f***in times and 18 titles. Do we all have to respect them just because they feel the need to be centre of attention all the time. They have played some of the worst football ive seen in the premiership since it began , signed players who were not fit to play anywhere else, struggled to compete with their biggest rivals Man Yooo and accepted Roy Evans as a good appiontment. Ask any Villa fan, Hull city fan, Blackburn fan etc etc and then you'll have your answer .

CH, "struggled to compete" puts it lightly. Since 1991, they have been absolutely crushed by Man U in the trophy count on virtually every front. UEFA cups excluded.

We were always at the mercy of the gooners for many many years, but I often wondered what it was like for the scousers. Unlike us, who were overachievers to Arsenal's title contenders for many years, the Scousers were supposed to be right there for the title every year. It mustve been hard watching the Spice Boys generation come and go and just see the Mancs lifting trophy after trophy

I truly hope that people start seeing them for exactly what they are. I'll be gutted if their lucky streak continues and they get something from us at the bridge. Bruce was spot on with his comments. I sometimes wonder if Rafa is the way he is today because of jose. Jose said some ridiculous things in his time with us, but was succesful.

All the fans saying "Rafa, God's gift to liverpool" are delussional. The comeback in Istanbul is the thing of nightmares....I just think it will be a while for the pundits to admit such things though To them, Liverpool are showing the stuff of champions with their "never say die" attitude

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Archived