Slobodan Rajkovic in?

abramovich

Supposedly the young Serb has had a very impressive season at FC Twente. The kid is 20 years old, big (6 ft 3 in) and cost us ₤3.8m in 2005 when he was only sixteen,a world record at the time for a player under eighteen years of age.

I've seen quite few rumors online linking him to various top clubs and apparently he's well rated. I'd definitely bring him back for the summer training to see if he's ready to join the squad.

Ricky Carvalho, as great as he is, has been plagued by injuries this season and is already 30, that may be our last chance to get some good value for him. Real are desperate for quality centerbacks and quite a few top Serie A teams would definitely be interested.

JT is here for life, Alex has been tremendous this season and Ivanovic has got a world class potential. Let's not forget young Mancienne who also can play CB although I feel his size makes him a better fit for a RB.

We will need to raise some funds to rejuvenate the squad and these two possible moves may address some of the problems we face.

Wouldn't mind it, but this part worries me (as well as the fact he only played 12 games for twente this season.

"On September 4, 2008, Slobodan Rajković was banned from playing football for a year by FIFA. The punishment is in response to allegations that the 19-year-old spat in the face of referee Abdullah Al Hilali. The young defender maintains that he is innocent and has decided to appeal the judgement.

As of the 24th of November 2008, Fifa reduced the 12-month ban by only banning him internationally, so that he may resume full domestic competition with FC Twente. The new ruling was agreed by Fifa's appeal panel, after the Chelsea defender had challenged the initial ruling."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slobodan_Rajković

Put it like this we dont need anymore centrebacks in fact we need to get rid. Id let Carvahlo go, and go with Terry, Ivanovic, Alex and Mancienne. So even with Riccy sold, Rajkovic wont have a place. We dont really need him at the minute, I want us to keep Ivanovic, Terry and Mancienne + Alex wont go as he has been in good form. Twente are in the CL so give him another season on loan there. He certainly has a big future and him and Mancienne could form a good future CB partnership.

Wouldn't mind it, but this part worries me (as well as the fact he only played 12 games for twente this season.

"On September 4, 2008, Slobodan Rajkovi�‡ was banned from playing football for a year by FIFA. The punishment is in response to allegations that the 19-year-old spat in the face of referee Abdullah Al Hilali. The young defender maintains that he is innocent and has decided to appeal the judgement.

As of the 24th of November 2008, Fifa reduced the 12-month ban by only banning him internationally, so that he may resume full domestic competition with FC Twente. The new ruling was agreed by Fifa's appeal panel, after the Chelsea defender had challenged the initial ruling."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slobodan_Rajkovi�‡

I wonder what would have happened if he played for us in the game against Barcelona :giverose:

Supposedly the young Serb has had a very impressive season at FC Twente. The kid is 20 years old, big (6 ft 3 in) and cost us ₤3.8m in 2005 when he was only sixteen,a world record at the time for a player under eighteen years of age.

I've seen quite few rumors online linking him to various top clubs and apparently he's well rated. I'd definitely bring him back for the summer training to see if he's ready to join the squad.

Ricky Carvalho, as great as he is, has been plagued by injuries this season and is already 30, that may be our last chance to get some good value for him. Real are desperate for quality centerbacks and quite a few top Serie A teams would definitely be interested.

JT is here for life, Alex has been tremendous this season and Ivanovic has got a world class potential. Let's not forget young Mancienne who also can play CB although I feel his size makes him a better fit for a RB.

We will need to raise some funds to rejuvenate the squad and these two possible moves may address some of the problems we face.

rajkovic can also play at leftback, so between him and bertrand there are options open to us for backup for cole.

rajkovic can also play at leftback, so between him and bertrand there are options open to us for backup for cole.

Yes, but it's also widely accepted that we will end up with Zhirkov, who is very competent at LB

Yes, but it's also widely accepted that we will end up with Zhirkov, who is very competent at LB

it's widely accepted by whom? this forum? unfortunately we don't have that kind of influence.

it's widely accepted by whom? this forum? unfortunately we don't have that kind of influence.

I'm just putting two and two together man.

1) He's a big prospect Russian player

2) Chelsea need a player of his positon

3) He says he loves Chelsea

3) Chelsea show interest in him

1) He's a big prospect Russian player

I believe he's very good,yes.

2) Chelsea need a player of his positon

Yes

No, that was youngster Dzagoev who said that.

3) Chelsea show interest in him

Avram Grant said once that we were going to sign him. That was the only time I heard anything from an official source on "Zhirkov to Chelsea" rumors.

No, that was youngster Dzagoev who said that.

4) Chelsea show interest in him

Avram Grant said once that we were going to sign him. That was the only time I heard anything from an official source on "Zhirkov to Chelsea" rumors.

3) I thought at some point he mentioned that Chelsea was his favorite team, a couple months ago or so. Maybe I'm mixing things up...

4) I'm not referring to anything on the official front, but there's been several stories of Hiddink suggesting the player to Abramovich, and I thought it was you who said Chelsea scouts have checked him out on at least one occasion.

I clicked on this rumor having totally forgotten that we already owned the rights to this kid.

I havent seen him play this year, but if top clubs are in for him than he is more than likely ready to move. Its incredible the wealth of talent we have on defense.

Hopefully that ban calmed him down and he learned from it

Archived