30 Years of Hip-Hop in 60 minutes

sweet waffle
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

very very good, jaguar skills is a superb remixer. on a side note its very sad to see Adam Yauch (fMCA) rom the beastie boys has cancer. absolutely love the beasties and gutted to hear the news.

very very good, jaguar skills is a superb remixer. on a side note its very sad to see Adam Yauch (fMCA) rom the beastie boys has cancer. absolutely love the beasties and gutted to hear the news.

Yeah, they've caught it early though and he says he's expected to make a full recovery. I've been told their new album is one of their best.

I actually don't think it's all that, I suppose because it's a ridiculous thing to try and do 30 years of hip-hop in 60 mins and I find the track selection really boring and predictable and it's got no real flow although displays obvious technical ability. I think some of the mixes Dj Riz has done over the years are far more interesting, his 'Live from Brooklyn' one is well worth checking out, you can download it and listen from here, see what you think:

http://music-selections.com/2007/02/05/dj-...-from-brooklyn/

Have to agree that it's a good sample of some of the more popular/ safe options. I ahte when DJ's have to have their little "jingle" all throughout the tracks. But it's agood nod to many of the great faces throughout hip hop.

I'm not sure if anyone else has heard it, but the DJ from the Prodigy did an album called the Dirt Chamber Sessions that has a lot of these songs, as well as some punk and funk and rock in there too. I highly recommend it if you like this sort of thing

Scott

That mix didn't, as far as I could hear as I wasn't giving it my full attention, have any Gangstar, BlackStar,Tribe Called Quest, erik B, Mos Def...quite disappointing if true, and it seemed toward the end it was all very comercial and every other song had Jay Z in it?

• 2 weeks later...
Have to agree that it's a good sample of some of the more popular/ safe options. I ahte when DJ's have to have their little "jingle" all throughout the tracks. But it's agood nod to many of the great faces throughout hip hop.

I'm not sure if anyone else has heard it, but the DJ from the Prodigy did an album called the Dirt Chamber Sessions that has a lot of these songs, as well as some punk and funk and rock in there too. I highly recommend it if you like this sort of thing

Scott

The Dirtchambers was mixed by Liam Howlett and is a fine effort. He throws a little bit of everything in there with some creative mixing at times. You might also like the DJ mix series "Bad Meaning Good" on Ultimate Dilemma. Especially recommended in that series are the mixes by Peanut Butter Wolf and The Scratch Perverts. Finally of course there is the Coldcut "Journeys By DJ" mix which still sounds great almost 15 years on.