Portsmouth vs Chelsea

Game tonight for the reserves against Portsmouth.

The Chelsea line up tonight is:

Rhys Taylor, Nikki Ahamed, Nana Ofori-Twumasi, Sam Hutchinson ©, Ben Gordon; Jacopo Sala, Michael Woods, Gael Kakuta, Conor Clifford, Adam Phillip, Fabio Borini.

Subs: Jan Sebek (gk), Daniel Philliskirk, Billy Clifford, Milan Lalkovic, Kenny Strickland.

For once this game will be shown on tv here in Sweden so I might actually watch it. Gonna be interesting to see Kakuta again.

Its 2-1 currently. Good goals for the two strikers Phillip and Borini. Kakuta is having a great game with some neat dribbling and vision. Hope Carlo sees the obvious there and gives him a few chances in the first team.

We won 5-2 in the end. Pompey had 2 shots on goal and they both went in. Seing as Chelsea was superiour we really shouldn't have let those to in and allowed Pompey to get even, 2-2.

But we won it anyway. Borini had 2 goals and Adam Phillip scored a hattrick.

Still, I would actually say that the best player on the pitch was neither of them.

Gael Kakuta was absolutely brilliant. His passing was superb and he was everywhere and involved in everything.

Nice to see Ancelotti in the stands together with Wilkins. I hope they took notes and added Kakutas name to the list of players who might play the next game. It's time to give the young lad a chance now.

It would take something miraculous for any of these lads to see the first team this year in the premiership., I think the Premiership is our main focus, and because of that we will play as strong a team as we can put out.

The only player I could see making an appearance is Borini during the ACN. Drogba and Kalou will be away, so we will be pretty strapped upfront, and barring any injuries we could be in a little bit of trouble. I do think we might racall Di Santo from blackburn in January for the ACN, but he seems to have picked up a knock, so we'd be down to Anelka and Sturridge. I think they are good enough to play in the games we have during that time, but I feel we might see Borini then.

Scott

How does Conor Clifford look?

Small - seriously he had a good game, no sure the right of the diamond is his position but he had a few strikes on goal late on and worked hard, reminded me of a very young Alan Ball.

As Moos said the star of the show was Gael Kakuta, he was in a different class (at 17). Good to see Adam Philip come back from his injury troubles.

Bonus of the night Ancelotti - two reserve games two appearances that's one more than JM ever made and two more than Scolari.

Expect to see Kakuta in the squad for the QPR game.

Ray Wilkins strongly hinted we're likely to see some youngsters feature in this years Carling Cup with Sam Hutchinson getting a special mention. He also hinted the further we go in that competition the more likely even more youngsters would be given a chance.

Ray Wilkins strongly hinted we're likely to see some youngsters feature in this years Carling Cup with Sam Hutchinson getting a special mention. He also hinted the further we go in that competition the more likely even more youngsters would be given a chance.

Lets see what happens , i wouldnt bank on it . We already have a few first teamers who need a game .

Joe Cole, Zhirkov, Ferreira all need games to get back to mtach fitness. And Sturridge needs some run outs. But I still think some of the younger players might get a run out in the early rounds of the cup games