Mass Effect 2

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I forgot to add, you can transfer saved games from the first Mass Effect to Mass Effect 2 so you can play the story over the two games. The first ever game to do it apparently.

definitely not true. it's enough to look back at bioware's own baldur's gate series where you could import the old save game at the start of the 2nd game.

but i'm quite sure that this feature was included in some spectrum and c64 games as well.

anyway, i'm really looking forward to this, i almost finished my second dragon age playthrough so this one comes out just in time :D

definitely not true. it's enough to look back at bioware's own baldur's gate series where you could import the old save game at the start of the 2nd game.

but i'm quite sure that this feature was included in some spectrum and c64 games as well.

anyway, i'm really looking forward to this, i almost finished my second dragon age playthrough so this one comes out just in time :)

its the first game where a saved game from the previous one actually has an impact on the way the new game plays. apparently the choices you made in the 1st game changes the new game entirely, for example if you killed someone instead of befriending him then in the new game he wont be there and his allies wont help you or will try and kill you.

and Dragon age was superb, im waiting for the downloadable content for this.

Edited by dkw

its the first game where a saved game from the previous one actually has an impact on the way the new game plays. apparently the choices you made in the 1st game changes the new game entirely, for example if you killed someone instead of befriending him then in the new game he wont be there and his allies wont help you or will try and kill you.

and Dragon age was superb, im waiting for the downloadable content for this.

it may be the first game where the imported save game makes a major change, but still not the first where there is an impact to some degree. for example in bg2 drizzt do'urdens reaction to you depends on whether you killed him in bg1 or not.

oh, and the first expansion pack for dragon age will be out in march :D

did i mention that i love bioware's games? :D

only black isle were equally great but they defunct since 2003(i think), though most of their staff has moved to obsidian entertainment. incidentally, obsidian's alpha protocol(a rpg in the world of espionage) will be out this spring as well. i guess it's fair to say that this year begins very poorly for my girlfriend.

it may be the first game where the imported save game makes a major change, but still not the first where there is an impact to some degree. for example in bg2 drizzt do'urdens reaction to you depends on whether you killed him in bg1 or not.

oh, and the first expansion pack for dragon age will be out in march ::clap2::

did i mention that i love bioware's games? :D

only black isle were equally great but they defunct since 2003(i think), though most of their staff has moved to obsidian entertainment. incidentally, obsidian's alpha protocol(a rpg in the world of espionage) will be out this spring as well. i guess it's fair to say that this year begins very poorly for my girlfriend.

ive been eyeing up that Protocol for a few weeks now, i`ve also always liked the Bioware games, and also the old Black Isle ones back in the day. the original fallout and planescape games were the first rpg`s i really got into, and the icewind dale games were also superb. Loved the Bioware games Neverwinter Nights and Baldurs Gate games, and pretty much everything they`ve done on the xbox. KOTR was a fantastic game.

Anyone got this yet? Still waiting for mine to arrive of Amazon. Have heard some very good things about it so far.

got it friday, bloody brilliant. wife was uot so i had the beers in, watched the rugby league then thought i would have 10 minutes on it. 5 hours later i thought i better stop...

If people liked Kotor they should check out the new Old republic game bioware are working on, howevers it's an MMORPG. I've had Mass effect 1 for a while now and havent bothered getting in too it so i may complete it soon then buy number 2. Dont want too go straight into number 2 not knowing what its about.

• 1 year later...