Transfers - summer 2010

lampsgod89
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

I hope that Chelsea adopt a signing policy this summer that is one of investing for the future. As much as I like to see the club win trophies I want to see Chelsea build a new team that can stay together for five o six seasons. Also I would like to see the club give a few of the youngest a go. It would be interesting to see how they would do when in the spotlight of the Premier League, Champions League etc.

Sergio Aguero - if he comes for a reasonable price. And anything over 25-30 million pounds for him might be a big risk. He's quick, should fit in well with the diamond formation (at the tip) - but he's not as big in stature as some of our players and doesn't win many in the air. It'd be a gamble, and I've always preferred to rather have someone like a Tevez in the team for that role, instead of a Pato or Aguero - but since Tevez is out of the question, we could settle with this lad.

There're still reports about Ribery and Chelsea linking up. But for some reason, I don't think it's going to work out either. He's way too inexpensive and prone to injuries.

Alan Dzagoev should be picked up - IMHO. He's a massive Chelsea fan too, and a promising young midfielder.

Yeah, also read the report about us targetting Dani Alves. He's already turned us down once before moving to Nou Camp, and I don't he's coming back. Wouldn't mind seeing him in a blue jersey though.

As for players in our team that need to be replaced - perhaps Ballack and Deco, ahead of the others. Hilario is a decent stand-in goalkeeper (albeit old), while Belletti and Paulo Ferreira are good, versatile squad players to have.

Edited by Bombay Blues

Someone that I would really love to see is Dzagoev. He can play behind a striker and also at the tip of the diamond. He can score, set-up goals, take free-kicks, corner kicks and he loves Chelsea. He would be someone for the future and Im sure he can develop into a world-class player aswell. Another thing is that his character is good, he is hard working and a real team-player.

Someone that I would really love to see is Dzagoev. He can play behind a striker and also at the tip of the diamond. He can score, set-up goals, take free-kicks, corner kicks and he loves Chelsea. He would be someone for the future and Im sure he can develop into a world-class player aswell. Another thing is that his character is good, he is hard working and a real team-player.

I agree. Lampard is his idol, so he will probably want to learn from him.

Where would you put Ireland in our 4-3-3 ?

I think carlo is using 433 because we don't have a player fit for the tip of the diamond- I'd probably go with ireland there...

but he's 22/23 and lamps and ballack are a decade older.

I think carlo is using 433 because we don't have a player fit for the tip of the diamond- I'd probably go with ireland there...

but he's 22/23 and lamps and ballack are a decade older.

+1 for Ireland.

It beggars belief how he can be one of Man City's most consistently creative players and has been shafted.

Absolutely mad as anything, even admitted he didn't really like football (if I remember correctly) but a very talented player. On that note, whatever happened to Michael Johnson?

Hearing rumours about a bid for Dani Alves.

I hope its not true, unless it signals a future swap for Bosingwa+ cash for Ribery (Bayern has gone no record as wanting Bosignwa) and the sale of Carvalho (Alex steps in and Ivan under studies RB/CB).

30m I hear, which IMO would rather go towards luring Maicon from Inter, if we are looking for a new RB.

That Johnson kid City picked up.......looking like JCole on one of his good days....

Sergio Aguero admits that he could leave this summer from Atletico Madrid to a club in the Premier League. Willing to be stretching Argentinean Chelsea and Manchester United.

Chelsea was able to spend £ 40 million for the Atletico Madrid player, but the offer was rejected, and the winter transfer window Sergio remained in his current club.

Manchester United coach Sir Alex Ferguson is also interested in the son in law Maradony Diego.

'The Blues' and 'Red Devils' will battle for Aguero just after the World Cup in South Africa.

Although the player told the Spanish club's love for his current club, said that he could leave his club in the summer.

Sergio said: "I have great affection for this club, but I can not say that I played here by the end of his career."

"At this moment I am happy here. I love my fans and I want them to guarantee a decent show when I play" - concluded Agüero

We're sorted at the back for quite a few seasons I think, though maybe we should invest in a decent, young right back as cover for Bosingwa (yes, Ivanovic can, but he's much more confortable in the centre).

We need to freshen up the midfield too, and Ireland is an excellent shout. We bring Ireland in, we can drop Ballack to a regular bench-warmer, or he may leave anyway. Then a midfield of Matic, Ireland, Mikel, Lampard, Joey Cole, Malouda, Zhirkov and then youngsters like Woods, Kakuta, Mellis, Clifford can be used as cover when needed.

I'm suddenly beginning to doubt the signing of Aguero, not that we might not be able to get him, but if he does come, he and Drogba will be first choice partnership, Anelka dropped to 3rd, Sturridge to 4th, Borini to 5th (Kalou should be gone by then). Yes, Nelks and Drogs will be 30+, but I don't think Anelka will be happy to lose out. Aguero won't be happy to be a benchwarmer. Hell, the fans won't be happy if we pay £40million for a 2nd choice striker.

Edited by Ruh Buh Juh