Make your own Woodstock

Oblivion
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

So here's the scenario: You have the funds and rep to pull any currently active group/solo act in the world to perform in a 3-day concert (ala Woodstock). What acts would you call and what would you call the concert?

Mine are:

Welcome to Oblivion

Metallica

Iron Maiden

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Alter Bridge

Bloodbound

Hammerfall

Disturbed

U2

Lacuna Coil (if only to see Christina Scabbia)

Korn

PS - Loz's would prolly be called "LollapaLozza" or something :JC_doubleup:

Edited by Oblivion

Thunder Wood 2010

Stamford Bridge, London

Day 1

Tenacious D

Rush

Joni Mitchell

Dropkick Murphys

AC/DC

Day 2

Tom Petty

Paul & Ringo

Bob Dylan

Pearl Jam

Neil Young

Day 3

Green Day

Page & Plant

Rolling Stones

Metallica

Pink Floyd reunion (rumored)

:club happy:

Edited by ThunderDan

Dance til you drop

the o2 Arena, London

Day 1

Iyaz

Akon

Jason Derulo

Taio Cruz

Lazee

Kevin Rudolf

Pitbull

Day 2

Lady Gaga

Chris Brown

Kanye West

Ke$ha

David Guetta

N-Dubz

Cheryl Cole

Day 3

Jay-Z

Rihanna

Black Eyed Peas

Beyoncé

Tinchy Stryder

Jay Sean

Florida

Now this would be quiet a mix and would probably want lots of people to come :club happy:

If Thunderdan would be so good to move Floyd to Day 2 and swap the Stones for Paul & Ringo then I will buy a one day ticket. As for everyone else's days I will take an iPod and a large bottle of tequila and head off to the beach.

OK I will give it a try (assuming 5 bands a day and that all bands are currently together so sadly no Floyd)

Day 1

Florence & The Machine

The Cure

Pearl Jam

Editors

Smashing Pumpkins (granted that would need some persuading)

Day 2

Tindersticks

Lou Reed

Muse (just so I can scam £150 out of G4 and Mod)

Neil Young

Rolling Stones

Day 3

Amy Winehouse

Artic Monkeys

Radiohead

Morrissey

David Bowie

Oh dear, I feel weak! Nearly had a heart attack - for one ghastly moment I thought Loz meant we should remove The Stones and substitute Paul and Ringo. I was about to send the men in white with the strait jacket to Kilcreggan! But all is well, he meant it in the opposite direction!

If Thunderdan would be so good to move Floyd to Day 2 and swap the Stones for Paul & Ringo then I will buy a one day ticket. As for everyone else's days I will take an iPod and a large bottle of tequila and head off to the beach.
Oh dear, I feel weak! Nearly had a heart attack - for one ghastly moment I thought Loz meant we should remove The Stones and substitute Paul and Ringo. I was about to send the men in white with the strait jacket to Kilcreggan! But all is well, he meant it in the opposite direction! Edited by moi

Welcome to Moosies Musical Mayhem

DAY 1:

Alcazar (swedish group)

Lady Gaga

Josh Groban

John Legend

Beyoncé

DAY 2:

Tina Turner

John Fogerty

Rolling Stones

REM

Metallica

DAY 3

Iron Maiden

Flogging Molly

Cypress Hill

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

U2

This was harder than I thought. Not sure about my list, but it was the best one I could come up with at the moment.