"Guus Hiddink, we want you to stay"

Gem

I've been mooching around YouTube for about 10 minutes trying to find the Sky coverage of the last home game of last season when all the fans just started clapping and sang the above song. Still makes me a bit emotional - fantastic send off to a fantastic coach. If anyone could post the link or give me other websites where I could find it, it would be much appreciated.

Yeah cheers Graham, saw all the clips recorded by fans - wasn't looking for that as the pictures are blurry, camera shaking and noise that changes pitch so many times its horrible - but thanks :D

I read how Jose said Inter fans are better than Chelsea fans with their love and respect towards him etc... got me thinking that if he were to take over a rival I really wouldn't mind - where as I'd be crushed if Hiddink did, a true gentleman and it just reminded me of the deserved send off he got.

PS- this isn't about Jose the manager, it's about Jose the person.

I've seen this a few times..heres the one from the Mail..

Jose Mourinho: Chelsea fans don't compare to Inter Milan's - but I still don't love Italian football

Jose Mourinho still doesn't love Italian football - but the 'Special One' admits his passion for Inter Milan's supporters is greater than it ever was for Chelsea.

The Portuguese has been tipped to return to England next season after falling out with press and football authorities in Serie A, but the Champions League defeat of Barcelona was greeted by a show of emotion from a man who looked far from bored in his present job.

Mourinho jumped up and down and ran out to the middle of the pitch to celebrate when Inter advanced to next month's final despite a 1-0 loss at the Nou Camp on Wednesday.

The self-appointed 47-year-old then pointed his finger up at Inter's fans in the stands at the top of the giant stadium.

'I thought I had reached the height of emotion with Chelsea's fans, but Inter's supporters are even better,' Mourinho said. 'I'm in love with Inter and these fans, not Italian football - I respect it, but I don't love it.'

Mourinho, who said qualifying Inter for the Champions League final was the greatest moment of his career, has been at odds with the local media and opposing coaches since arriving at the Milan club two years ago.

To avoid suspensions, he no longer addresses the media except before and after European matches - in accordance with UEFA requirements.

Hero's return: Mourinho tries to make his way through the crowd

Mourinho also won two league titles in England with Chelsea but said getting Inter to this season's Champions League final is the pinnacle for him.

'It's the greatest moment of my career, better than my first league victory, better than the Champions League I won with Porto,' he said.

Inter will face Bayern Munich in the May 22 final in Madrid and the German club's coach, Louis van Gaal, has already won the Champions League - with Ajax in 1995.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...0#ixzz0mZcGDDfE

The strangest and most surprising part of alll that for me is the bit about Porto..I would have thought winning the CL with a team from his home country would be his proudest moment, should have known better as he was straight out the door after the final souring the occasion for the Porto fans on the best day in their clubs history.

The strangest and most surprising part of alll that for me is the bit about Porto..I would have thought winning the CL with a team from his home country would be his proudest moment, should have known better as he was straight out the door after the final souring the occasion for the Porto fans on the best day in their clubs history.

The bloke's a true fruitcake in the Brian Clough tradition. He'll disappear up his own backside soon, or arrange his own public crucifixion. Yes, he's good, but his football is boring for anyone but Inter fans

Exactly.. The Daily Mail?

Like I said I've seen it a few times, I know its not what most want to know but Jose will have his new favourite fans at whatever Club is paying him..and rightly so.

To think a man from Portugal that earns millions is going to hold a special place in his heart for fans of a club in England he had three seasons with to me is a bit naieve,

Jose loves Jose in my opinion and will try to make the fans of whoever he is with idolise him as if he is doing his Job for nothing and would never do it for another team.

Its not a lot different with players who soon kiss the badge at the next club they move on to, I would imagine the lucrative wages go a long way to giving them a bit of feelings for the club who pays them but as its so rare for a player or manager to have supported as a fan the club he is with I really don't see why anyone thinks its any different to having a Job in the Co op and moving on to Tescos after a couple of years.

So The Mail, This is London and Metro (who probably only picked it up off The Mail anyway) are reliable sources? Has there been video interview/footage of him saying this?

You only read or hear what you want to Chip, what was he said last week after the first leg against Barca?

I really don't understand why you go all out to stick up for negative words against Avram, Scolari and Carlo, but yet dig at Jose at any opportunity. I'm not being scrappy, just can't seem to understand.

Jose will move onto a club with lots of money, he will move on to a club with success instead of a massive challenge.. but, he was the best manager we have had. Yes, we have all moved on, but we can still remember what he done while at Chelsea in the same way we do in other managers/players and staff. I'm not sure why you can't.

So The Mail, This is London and Metro (who probably only picked it up off The Mail anyway) are reliable sources? Has there been video interview/footage of him saying this?

You only read or hear what you want to Chip, what was he said last week after the first leg against Barca?

I really don't understand why you go all out to stick up for negative words against Avram, Scolari and Carlo, but yet dig at Jose at any opportunity. I'm not being scrappy, just can't seem to understand.

Jose will move onto a club with lots of money, he will move on to a club with success instead of a massive challenge.. but, he was the best manager we have had. Yes, we have all moved on, but we can still remember what he done while at Chelsea in the same way we do in other managers/players and staff. I'm not sure why you can't.

Mod I think its more likely that you believe what you want to believe, I just bring the other side and the side I happen to believe of the coin. Reliable sources these may not be but had they been reporting that Jose loved Chelsea fans more than Inter fans I dare say it would have been posted and met with the usual claps and adulation.

I stick up for Avram because he was slaughtered on here for everything and done a fine Job as he has since with Portsmouth, Scolari I stuck up for while he was here because I don't expect miracles in a managers first season and he was badly let down by the Robino saga although I could see a lot more fault with him I still thought he deserved to finish the season and had Drogba played the way he did when Hiddink arrived and Essien at the same time came back, I still think we would have ended top three.

Ancelotti I defend because he is our manager..not was our manager and he is also doing a very good job, we have at times played football as good as in Scolaris first couple of months which was good stuff in my opinion.

I thought I was logged on to an Inter site when they beat Barca and I came on here and thats with us on the verge of making history...I dread what it will be like should we fall just short of that and the team that knocked us out of the CL go on to win it.

I must just have a laugh at the last sentance of your post, you have moved on from Mourinho and you're not sure why I can't...have a look around the site and see if any more of our ex managers are getting adulation like you give to Mourinho. best Manager we've ever had is your and most other people on this forums opinion but its not mine and if the hordes who agree with you are not enough then sorry about that but my opinion will stay the same and I will voice it as much as I feel the need.

A good Manager he was for Chelsea..a self opinionated self indulgent man who now manages a team who put us out of the CL, an opposition team because he is an opposition manager.

It is odd that you didn't find it in yourself to defend Grant when he was trying to Mange Chelsea and people slated him for looking like a Toad or a Corpse but you get agitaed when somebody says something you don't like about the Manger of an opposition team.

Mod I think its more likely that you believe what you want to believe, I just bring the other side and the side I happen to believe of the coin. Reliable sources these may not be but had they been reporting that Jose loved Chelsea fans more than Inter fans I dare say it would have been posted and met with the usual claps and adulation.

I stick up for Avram because he was slaughtered on here for everything and done a fine Job as he has since with Portsmouth, Scolari I stuck up for while he was here because I don't expect miracles in a managers first season and he was badly let down by the Robino saga although I could see a lot more fault with him I still thought he deserved to finish the season and had Drogba played the way he did when Hiddink arrived and Essien at the same time came back, I still think we would have ended top three.

Ancelotti I defend because he is our manager..not was our manager and he is also doing a very good job, we have at times played football as good as in Scolaris first couple of months which was good stuff in my opinion.

I thought I was logged on to an Inter site when they beat Barca and I came on here and thats with us on the verge of making history...I dread what it will be like should we fall just short of that and the team that knocked us out of the CL go on to win it.

I must just have a laugh at the last sentance of your post, you have moved on from Mourinho and you're not sure why I can't...have a look around the site and see if any more of our ex managers are getting adulation like you give to Mourinho. best Manager we've ever had is your and most other people on this forums opinion but its not mine and if the hordes who agree with you are not enough then sorry about that but my opinion will stay the same and I will voice it as much as I feel the need.

A good Manager he was for Chelsea..a self opinionated self indulgent man who now manages a team who put us out of the CL, an opposition team because he is an opposition manager.

It is odd that you didn't find it in yourself to defend Grant when he was trying to Mange Chelsea and people slated him for looking like a Toad or a Corpse but you get agitaed when somebody says something you don't like about the Manger of an opposition team.

Who's the best manager we've ever had in your opinion?

but we can still remember what he done while at Chelsea in the same way we do in other managers/players and staff. I'm not sure why you can't.

As you see I didn't mean that I can't see why you can't move on, I meant why can't you remember the good he done the club in his time with us.

I always read some posters writing 'Why can't you move on from Mourinho' to people, everyone has, it's just most of us will remember the success he brought the club and how he has gone down in our history along with all the other Chelsea greats.

I actually sort of preferred Guus, he brought back the winning mentality, a bond that was broken within the club and totally turned us round after the mess Scolari left it in. He brought the dressing room back together again. Not as much success as Jose, but brilliant for the short time he was in for.

Who's the best manager we've ever had in your opinion?

I really would struggle and would like to see someone stay long enough to find out, obviously Hiddink of late looked very astute but it was never on for him to stay,

Ancelotti I hope gets time to be judged on a reasonable tenure and hes doing well so far, Grant kept this team on the rails and done well to get more points in his time in the prem than Ferguson in the same period.

I think Eddie Macreadie was great and could have led the club to great things all those years ago had he stayed in the Job and I liked the Football we played under Gullit.

all that said its difficult to judge on an even playing field as they have all had different players and funds availlable.

I can tell you the one I am happyiest to get behind and give my full support to if that helps, it'd be the one in the Job at the moment.

As you see I didn't mean that I can't see why you can't move on, I meant why can't you remember the good he done the club in his time with us.

I always read some posters writing 'Why can't you move on from Mourinho' to people, everyone has, it's just most of us will remember the success he brought the club and how he has gone down in our history along with all the other Chelsea greats.

I actually sort of preferred Guus, he brought back the winning mentality, a bond that was broken within the club and totally turned us round after the mess Scolari left it in. He brought the dressing room back together again. Not as much success as Jose, but brilliant for the short time he was in for.

I thought you meant I couldn't move on..I done that the night he went.

You know how long I've been on this site and I was here in the Mourinho days..supporting him as I do every manager..when you say "most of us remember the success he brought the club and how he has gone down in our history along with all the other Chelsea greats" are you seriously imaginig I don't remember our first title in my lifetime?

I loved winning the title but never really liked the way Mourinho always took all the credit..we can argue about it for ever but it comes down to the fact that I appreciate what we won while he was here without believing we wouldn't have won as much with someone else in charge while you and most others believe him to be head and shoulders above all before (and without them getting a fair chance) all after.

I look on this site and see so much Mourinho praise and then I wonder where the praise is for the man thats got us on the verge of doing better in his first season than Mourinho in his, I wonder why every little possible mistake is put upon our Managers shoulders and not the players..the same players Mourinho struggled to get second with in his last full season and the same players he new needed some changes to to challenge in his 6 games of his last season, ok we have had a couple of signings since but we have also had players age by 3 or 4 years unyet credit to Ancelotti is thin on here.

My main beef with Mourinho is that as long as the worship carries on being as over the top as in my opinion it is, nobody will give the credit that is deserved to the manager we have now.

I never liked Mourinho and I like him a lot less now but I supported him while he was with us, I have no duty to do that four years later.

Nobody is forgetting Carlo Chip, he gets the results, he gets the backing. But just because someone is not at the club now doesn't mean we all have to stop talking about them on posts. If we talk about Drogba, it doesn't mean we automatically have to stop posts on Osgood or Dixon. If we post about an old player, it doesn't mean people are not respecting the current player in that position. The same applies with Jose.

He does like centre stage, he does at times say some f**king silly things, but he was OUR manager that got one over Man Utd, Arsenal, <add any name here> Something that Scolari and Avram could only dream about.

If Carlo (hopefully) follows or betters that success, maybe people will be still following his next club and talking about him in topics the same way Jose is.

Nobody is forgetting Carlo Chip, he gets the results, he gets the backing. But just because someone is not at the club now doesn't mean we all have to stop talking about them on posts. If we talk about Drogba, it doesn't mean we automatically have to stop posts on Osgood or Dixon. If we post about an old player, it doesn't mean people are not respecting the current player in that position. The same applies with Jose.

He does like centre stage, he does at times say some f**king silly things, but he was OUR manager that got one over Man Utd, Arsenal, <add any name here> Something that Scolari and Avram could only dream about.

If Carlo (hopefully) follows or betters that success, maybe people will be still following his next club and talking about him in topics the same way Jose is.

I completly agree about Osgood and Dixon posts and would happily join in heaping praise on them...I'll admit to finding that a bit more difficult should Ossie turn up at Inter Milan and knock in a Hat Trick against us though.

as I said we could and will argue this forever, Yes Mourinho done well here and I am happy about it but all the people believing his heart is here are missguided in my opinion and I will always add my thoughts on whatever is said about the self proclaimed special one when I feel I need to.

I still think the adulation towards him at a crucial stage of the season is undermining what we are achieving now and that is my opinion.

If you look at the threads where someone has said "Mourinno Legend" "Genius quote" or three or four others they are full of the same praise and stuff about Mourinhos Chelsea etc but when someone starts a thread that praises our season to date it gets..from memory seven replies?

I hope Carlo does better the success we had in the two seasons we won the title and the two where we didn't which shouldn't be forgotten when we compare Managers records.

Great, another Mourinho thread, can't believe I started the topic!

On a personal level, seeing Jose take over at Liverpool/Man Utd wouldn't bother me in the slightest - however seeing Hiddink do it would break my heart. On a footballing level I'd be bloody gutted. Badge thumping, fist pumping - he can do that with whoever, it's all one big show - but if (sorry, when) he were to turn them into a threat then I'd have a problem.

Think I'll go find the Hiddink stuff somewhere else, carry on about Jose...

I believe it, and I don't want to

Archived