What exactly is going on with Ferdinand?

Castiel

As much as this whole Terry disbarred from the captaincy thing annoys me, its happened and we're moving on. But why Rio? I don't think I've seen him play at all this season and I watched a fair few Utd games when we depended on their results. Surely Rooney or Lampard would have been much better choices considering the seasons they've both had - not to mention being present for most of it.

Lampard is unlucky JT's at Chelsea from that respect, because he would be the obvvious choice as captain, and he'd be brilliant at it.

And that would have obviously given him a chance at the England job, where he would have been fantastic...

But I'd say of the three main candidates, JT, Rio and Gerrard, JT is still the best option...but if JT can't have it, I agree it should have gone to Frank or Rooney...but I'm Australian...what do I care.

JT is Chelsea captain, no question and he should be England captain. I disagree about Frank though. He's vice-captain here, yes, but I see Drogba as a much better leader and captain for us than Frank. Drogs is always shouting at others from the front, he's a class act.

I can't agree with Drogba as a captain. He's brilliant...a phenomenal player, once in a generation...but his personality, which makes him who he is, isn't conducive to captaining Chelsea. He captains Ivory Coast, but that's because he's so far above his team-mates, he commands all the respect in the country, and he has passion for his country and no-one could keep him in check...

But Lampard has been at Chelsea longer, he leads on the field, and he leads off the field....he's the perfect candidate. If JT wasn't at Chelsea, Lampard would be the obvious choice, because he bleeds blue and does nothing but represent the badge with the utmost ability and respect.

Drogba would likely be my VC to Lampard, but I couldn't feasibly put him ahead of Frank.....

Anywhooooo...back to the topic...England captain lol

I have never been convinced by Frank as a captain - the times when he has to to do it in JT's absence he hasn't really impressed me and I also felt his own game suffered. I always thought Ballack should be our vice captain however it is too late for that now.

As for England, if Capello had balls like watermelons he would reinstate JT and make it clear that his priority is football and that JT is clearly the best man for the job. however that isn't going to happen so we will have to witness Rio and Gerrard leading England.

Wouldn't it be just wonderful if this scenario happened.

England plays really well in the World Cup finally reaching the final game. It's 0-0 and time is running out. Lampard is brought down - freekick!

Lampard to take it. The ball sweeps majesticaly into the penalty area and up comes Terry. He gets a clean header and...IT'S IN!

Terry pulls his shirt off and on his arm we see a tattoo of a captains armband!

And after the celebrations of winning the World Cup Capello has a chat with JT.

"I want to make you captain again"

"Okay. But only if you kick Gerrard and Carragher out of the team!"

JT - cheated on his wife, also captained his club side to the double

Ferdinand - confirmed drug cheat - banned from football for nine months - hardly played this season

Gerrard - persistent criminal and cheat, has also been sh*te this season

Now you see why I think Capello's a f**king idiot.

Ferdinand - confirmed drug cheat - banned from football for nine months - hardly played this season

The first three points entirely fair.

As for the last, well I think Capello might just point to his record and walk away with a smug grin!

Wouldn't it be just wonderful if this scenario happened.

England plays really well in the World Cup finally reaching the final game. It's 0-0 and time is running out. Lampard is brought down - freekick!

Lampard to take it. The ball sweeps majesticaly into the penalty area and up comes Terry. He gets a clean header and...IT'S IN!

Terry pulls his shirt off and on his arm we see a tattoo of a captains armband!

And after the celebrations of winning the World Cup Capello has a chat with JT.

"I want to make you captain again"

"Okay. But only if you kick Gerrard and Carragher out of the team!"

Well....the bolded part would make him look like a freak lol

Exactly. Personally I'd have given it to Rooney since he single handedly dragged United through this season with his leadership and personal ability. Well we all saw what happened to them when he gets injured. I think if given the responsibility he'd take it to heart and make sure England pushed to the end. I certainly feel Rio and Gerrard are awful choices. If you must disbar Terry, give it to Rooney + Lampard!

The first three points entirely fair.

As for the last, well I think Capello might just point to his record and walk away with a smug grin!

I think his smugness is what bothers me the most. Anyone who can name Jamie Carragher in the England squad and still walk around looking aloof and looking like he thinks the sun shines out of his own arse has some serious problems.

Archived