Bryan Robson and Eric Abidal

PloKoon13

I heard in the last couple of days that Bryan Robson has been diagnosed with throat cancer, and also that Eric Abidal is facing surgery to treat a liver tumour. This is all pretty serious, so I thought I'd start a thread to wish them all the best.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/12759530.stm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/mar/15/barcelona-eric-abidal-tumour

Good luck to both Robson and Abidal, I hope everything clears up quickly so they can get back to the pitch and do what they truly love to do.

I hope it's not too bad and that they will both get well soon.

Just read that Lyon and Real Madrid wanted to show their support for Abidal (nice to see Real Madrid wanting to do something for a Barcelona player) by wearing shirts with a message of support before kick off, but the UEFA said no. Apparently shirts with messages is not okay.

Now I can understand political messages and such, but this is a sign of support for a fellow football player who has a tumour. If there's a time to bend the rules a bit, this is it.

UEFA can go f*ck themselves.

I hope it's not too bad and that they will both get well soon.

Just read that Lyon and Real Madrid wanted to show their support for Abidal (nice to see Real Madrid wanting to do something for a Barcelona player) by wearing shirts with a message of support before kick off, but the UEFA said no. Apparently shirts with messages is not okay.

Now I can understand political messages and such, but this is a sign of support for a fellow football player who has a tumour. If there's a time to bend the rules a bit, this is it.

UEFA can go f*ck themselves.

Totally agree, UEFA ought to be ashamed, day by day they are doing nothing to disprove my theory that they are corrupt.

I think real and madrid should just do it anyway. UEFA will only fine them. The clubs could then say fine, but we will pay the fine to a cancer charity. See what UEFA say then

And thats exactly what they did. Well done to them.

Hope Robson and Abidal recover soon.