A short story

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

In the mid 80s i had my neck slashed versus millwall. Big ken Bates found out and my wife n i were given the hallowed Directors box invites.It was a great day. Old doug rougvie tried to chat the missus we beat ipswich 2 0 ,and i had a few free drinks. Good day.

Mike migliorini 1967 shedboy

In the mid 80s i had my neck slashed versus millwall. Big ken Bates found out and my wife n i were given the hallowed Directors box invites.It was a great day. Old doug rougvie tried to chat the missus we beat ipswich 2 0 ,and i had a few free drinks. Good day.

Mike migliorini 1967 shedboy

Far too short! More details needed.

Full story of neck-slashing

How did Ken Bates find out?

What was it like in the Directors' Box?

How did your missus react to Doug's chat-up lines?

plus lots more information!

a cold night n we played millwall. i left to get back to walthamstow 10 mins from the end to watch a nigel benn fight. accidentally barged a bloke that ended up 3 blokes. i was wot i thought slapped. blood poured from a 4 inch slash. with police and ambulance i was stitched in 40 mins. it was in papers. ken bates sent 2 directors box invites.this was v ipswich, n we won 2 0. we spke to wonderful chelsea pensioners and i wonder if one of them who i remember was called tiny , is still with us. after the match ken allowed me to take photos of him n myself , but tersely saying....hurry up or theyll all want one.... on getting to the east stand earlier in the day the players were sitting watching something... i remember feeling embarrassed as i strolled in exuberantly screetching...hi ya lads...n no one took notice of me.. dougie chatted the missus when i went to the loo a proud moment for me lol she was ha

ppy with that...as she hated footy ps the directors area was very open n very cold

Edited by brimstone

a cold night n we played millwall. i left to get back to walthamstow 10 mins from the end to watch a nigel benn fight. accidentally barged a bloke that ended up 3 blokes. i was wot i thought slapped. blood poured from a 4 inch slash. with police and ambulance i was stitched in 40 mins. it was in papers. ken bates sent 2 directors box invites.this was v ipswich, n we won 2 0. we spke to wonderful chelsea pensioners and i wonder if one of them who i remember was called tiny , is still with us. after the match ken allowed me to take photos of him n myself , but tersely saying....hurry up or theyll all want one.... on getting to the east stand earlier in the day the players were sitting watching something... i remember feeling embarrassed as i strolled in exuberantly screetching...hi ya lads...n no one took notice of me.. dougie chatted the missus when i went to the loo a proud moment for me lol she was ha

ppy with that...as she hated footy ps the directors area was very open n very cold

Thank you! If you ever decide to write your memoirs and decide you need a ghost writer, please contact me! :laugh2: (or Dorset..)

Edited by moi

Thank you! If you ever decide to write your memoirs and decide you need a ghost writer, please contact me! :laugh2: (or Dorset..)

You could do a new hoolie book to rival Martin King's. Just get Brimstone, Secbastia (where's he gone?) and Bluebeard together over a few pints and bingo!

ps & Lofty.

Edited by Peckham Blue

83/84 i think. Wall were well tooled up that night. Our player bobby issacs got slashed too. Me and 3 mates were on the train over, and this millwall fella on there sussed us as chelsea and said "be carefull cos they`ll be out for you tonight" Sure enough as we walked to the ground around 50 of south Londons finest armed with bricks ,umbrellas etc saw us. After a very brief introduction they decided we were all Chelsea and let us have it! Including matey from the train! :laugh2:

Edited by Chelseaboy

Great story, and really scary. Did Nigel Benn win his fight?

• 2 weeks later...

83/84 i think. Wall were well tooled up that night. Our player bobby issacs got slashed too. Me and 3 mates were on the train over, and this millwall fella on there sussed us as chelsea and said "be carefull cos they`ll be out for you tonight" Sure enough as we walked to the ground around 50 of south Londons finest armed with bricks ,umbrellas etc saw us. After a very brief introduction they decided we were all Chelsea and let us have it! Including matey from the train! :laugh2:

I remember feeling glad to get out of there alive that night, I was 17 and it was the first time I'd seen a knife being pulled out at a game, on a mate who was walking about 20 metres in front of us. Some of the police had been bought down from the miners strike to deal with the expected trouble, this didn't help us after the game as everyone was directed away from the old Kent road and we got lost. Millwall were attacking off the side streets, I remember a van reversing up and the doors flying open and 8 or so millwall jumping out with baseball bats, they didn't hang around for long though as they were well out numbered.