Spurs - Concerned

Myles_91

Regardless of how much I hate this club and their fans, from a purely football perspective it pains me to admit it but they are probably the team that concern me most. I believe City will win it comfortably this year but I don't by any means think United are uncatchable for us or Spurs.

Now I know it's only October and a lot can happen between now and May but I really get the feeling the Spuds have upped the ante this year. They and City seem to be the only team playing with a level of consistency and having a knack of grinding out results. This is something us and United have but have struggled to show it so far this season.

Now that's as much praise as I'm willing to give them but I certainly think as far as league positions go we certainly have to be looking over our shoulder. I always knew Parker would be a good acquisition for them, if only the Pikey's had managed to keep hold of him.

Anyway I welcome the challenge. No other London club has been close to us over the last 5 or 6 years and if they want to step up, I say bring it on, it'll make it all the more sweeter if we beat them next month. I'd much rather them be higher up in the table anyway. I take far more pleasure in beating them when they're 4th or 5th than when we used to turn up and beat them by 4 or 5 when they were languishing just above the relegation zone. But I do believe they are a shoe-in for 4th, Gooners will be 5th but I can't see them getting close to Spuds with such an inept back line.

their start to the season certainly has been vindication for Levy in being so detrmined to keep modric away from us. They certainly are playing well now but as we well know every team faces a slump at least some stage in the season and it will be interesting to see how they handle it. Personally i can see them crashing and burning. If they get some injuries to players such as VDV, Bale, luka or parker they are really going to struggle as they dont have the squad depth that other top teams like us and the two manchester teams do

As for london teams not being close to us recently, we may have always finished above them but i can think of at least 2 seasons off the top of my head where we have been only 3 points or less ahead of Arsenal, including last season...

They are looking good, certainly. But at the end of the day, they can be exposed, badly. Against Utd and City, when the two of them were both on song, they let in 8 goals in 2 games. As long as we dont face them in a rough patch, I think we can hold our own against them.

I think they worry Liverpool and Arsenal alot more.

Truth is they have some good players. Anyone of Parker, VDV and Modric would improve our midfield. Bale and Lennon are handy and Adebayor has certainly proved himself to be a capable Premier League striker.

Problem for them is they have limited numbers of good defenders and little depth. That'll show in the end. But I'm not ruling out them beating us in either fixture this season.

After watching the match against Fulham I'm less worried than I was.

They were incredibly lucky to come away with all the points. Fulham absolutely battered them in the second half and it was only a combination of poor finishing, last ditch defending and some very bad luck that stopped them taking all three points.

Dont be too confident man city will win the prem...ok the only major win for them was v man utd...A blip for man utd i would have said....Out of the two manx teams , for me, man city are much more likely , as the season progresses, to be the team to leak goals..As for us,spuds arsenal liverpool newcastle n poss 3 more teams, i think who comes after man u n man c is the team that is on a psychological high the last 2 months of the season...Who that will be is a seperate bet in itself...Spurs are a good bet tho