Decisions in Europe

tremberz90

Is anyone else getting sick of the lack of decisions we're getting in Europe? Obviously tonight we had a penalty denied from Drogba that should've been given, but over the years we've had many not given to us. Let me give a few examples:

• Last season against Man United in the first leg at home. Ramires was denied a penalty that would've seen us equalise and put us in much more of a comfortable position going into the second leg.
  • Year before last (I think) against Inter Milan in the first leg away. Pretty sure Kalou was taken out last man that should've given us a penna and probably a red card for their player.
  • That game at home against Barca, everyone will know what I'm talking about!
  • Can't remember what year but the one against Liverpool with Luis Garcia's goal that didn't go over the line.

All of the examples I have given have actually got us knocked out the competition. Obviously every team has decisions against them but this has happened pretty much every year and its becoming a joke. I'm sick of complaining about it because other fans just laugh. Am I over exaggerating or is it like we are not meant to win the Champions League?

Oh yeah, I know you need some luck when winning the Champions League and obviously we've had many decisions against us but the season where we haven't had a big decision cost us we've lost in a penalty shoot-out (one against United in the final and one against Liverpool).

I think its just meant to be that we don't win it.

In the Barca match against Milan, when Messi stopped during his runup to take the penalty, which was ruled an infraction, why was he allowed to retake the penalty?

I would have thought that the proper decision for such an infraction is to not allow a retake, and just give the ball to the opposing team for a goal kick?

In the Barca match against Milan, when Messi stopped during his runup to take the penalty, which was ruled an infraction, why was he allowed to retake the penalty?

I would have thought that the proper decision for such an infraction is to not allow a retake, and just give the ball to the opposing team for a goal kick?

One rule for Barca, another for everyone else it seems.