Athletic Bilbao stiker to replace Nico in January?

mad_mac

Big tall lad, sort of the go to guy off the bench for Spain, maybe even with Torres in Del Bosque's thinking.

Good scoring record, but is a tall striker the option, especially someone who is another lone striker? Surely a more versatile option who can play with Torres or Sturridge is preferable.

I do like him as a player, though I prefer Martinez from Bilbao. Flexible midfielder who was second best Spanish player behind Mata at the U21 Euro's, He is even playing in central defence now. At 6ft 3 he has Mikel's physical presence without his sloth like passing and movement off the ball. But of course neither will come cheap, especially because Bilbao only recruit Basque players and can't easily replace them.

As far as I know Llorente has a rumoured clause of 35 Mio,. but as far as I know these clauses are only relevant for a transfer to an other spanish team. As was Agueros clause around 60 Mio., but MCFC got him for less money because they are no spanish club. Re Martinez he is one of the most promising midfielders in Spain but I think he is very reluctant to leave Spain / his region (Navarra) as he is very close to his family and region.

As Chelseas problems are more on the wings I do not understand why they are not interested in Muniain, he would be perfect, even if I hope he will one day wear our colours

As far as I know Llorente has a rumoured clause of 35 Mio,. but as far as I know these clauses are only relevant for a transfer to an other spanish team. As was Agueros clause around 60 Mio., but MCFC got him for less money because they are no spanish club. Re Martinez he is one of the most promising midfielders in Spain but I think he is very reluctant to leave Spain / his region (Navarra) as he is very close to his family and region.

As Chelseas problems are more on the wings I do not understand why they are not interested in Muniain, he would be perfect, even if I hope he will one day wear our colours

Thank you for clearing that up, I have been saying that (about the buyout cluases) for ages, but its a message nobody can confirm or deny. If buyout clauses actually pertained to transfers, then nobody going to a La Liga team would ever move clubs, ever.

Ive heard great things about Munain, but the one I like from Bilbao is Javi Martinez. Only seen him in two games, but certainly lived up to the hype.

Yet another Basque player that Barcelona fans dream about for years...Ezquerro (Barca ruined him), Yeste and now Munain