The 'Overblown' ECL verus the UEFA League

Snedger

Well I guess we all knew it when the two Manc clubs were knoocked out in the group stage but now the time for the knockout stages has arrived it is official that we will be playing in that 'overblown' competition whilst the two Manchester clubs will be playing in the tournament that has apparently now provided many of the most cherished moments in European club football.

This article from yesterday's Guardian explains all about why the UEFA cup is now more special and important.

Silly us for not getting knocked out in the ECL group stage.

Don't get dragged in to it, it's got nothing to do with us, they'd still be ridiculing the EUFA cup if it was just us. It's because "They" are in it that it's "special".

True, it is mainly about United and particularly Ferguson completing the set of European trophies. I shouldn't let it get to me as I am well used to the endless brown nosing of Old Trafford by now but I just can't help it.

Anyone notice how little media attention there has been regarding ours and Arsenal's CL ties and how much media attention the Europa League has got just because United are in it? It was only on Monday I even realised the CL was back on.

Utter contempt shown towards Chelsea and Arsenal.

I think we laughed back in December that this article would be written, never did I actually think it would be. I guess the Guardian maintains it's Manchester roots still.

I note how he didn't mention Fergie claiming the Europa League was their 'punishment' for failure.

I presume it isn`t special or important to Stoke though, what with them not even being mentioned. What a crock of sh*t.

Especially when you consider Stoke are actually in this competition legitimately i.e qualifying for it as opposed to just being gifted it for failure like the Manc clubs.