Hello from Atlanta!

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

After watching EPL for a couple of seasons (now that games are finally being aired with regularity over here), I have chosen to throw my allegiance to Chelsea FC.  I'm hoping to use this message board to learn more about the team and its history. 

Hello! US also, but currently living overseas on a two year assignment. I'm from PA. And I'm an Atlanta Falcons fan (been one since 1983).  :biggrin:

Welcome to the boards.

Edited by Arq

Welcome to the boards. used to live in Augusta, GA.  I still have friends in the ATL area and have played golf all around that area.

Sweetwater beer is meant to be good, I've heard

Welcome to the boards. used to live in Augusta, GA.  I still have friends in the ATL area and have played golf all around that area.

Sweetwater beer is meant to be good, I've heard

SweetWater is one of my favorite breweries.  I went to college in ATL so we would go on their brewery tour once (or twice) a week when they were first starting up.

SweetWater is one of my favorite breweries.  I went to college in ATL so we would go on their brewery tour once (or twice) a week when they were first starting up.

Nice one.  I've tried beer from all over the world, and all over the states.  But when I was in College at Mississippi State, and even when I did my internship in Augusta, the best eber we could find was Sam Smiths (which is good) or some of Sam Adam's seasonals.  The expansion of Craft Beer in the SE has been great to see.  Florida has Cigar City Brewing, which is another great brewery out of the SE

Nice one.  I've tried beer from all over the world, and all over the states.  But when I was in College at Mississippi State, and even when I did my internship in Augusta, the best eber we could find was Sam Smiths (which is good) or some of Sam Adam's seasonals.  The expansion of Craft Beer in the SE has been great to see.  Florida has Cigar City Brewing, which is another great brewery out of the SE

When I was in college (10 years ago) there were 3 craft breweries in Georgia, now there are probably a dozen or so.  Cigar City has an IPA that I really like (Jai Alai?).  

Other breweries I like:

Dogfish Head

Lagunitas

Bell's

Boulevard

Allagash

Terrapin

Ommegang

What's the craft brewery scene like in England?  I don't know if they ship to the states or not, but I'm always looking to try new beers.  

When I was in college (10 years ago) there were 3 craft breweries in Georgia, now there are probably a dozen or so.  Cigar City has an IPA that I really like (Jai Alai?).  

Other breweries I like:

Dogfish Head

Lagunitas

Bell's

Boulevard

Allagash

Terrapin

Ommegang

What's the craft brewery scene like in England?  I don't know if they ship to the states or not, but I'm always looking to try new beers.  

Those are all great breweries.  And yes I've had Jai Alai, and it's decent too.

In England the "craft" scene isn't as much as it is in the states, but you do have a lot of old breweries that started what eventually (in my opinion) lead to the craft scene.  They do Cask Ales, that are usually stored at a cellar temperature and pulled by hand.   They are good, solid representations of what the beer should be, but nothing like the hop forward, or barrel aged versions you'll find dominating the US Craft Beer scene. 

As for them shipping to teh states, you'll find Sam Smiths, Well's, and some Brew Dog (more a craft beer from Scotland) at any decent bottle shop