JT or Lamps

Chelseaden

I personally can not split them. One come through our youth, the other came from the sh*t hole in east London. Frank was played wide right 1st season and had a shocker. Jt came back from forest and began to muscle in on Frank & marcel. Lamps was then played more or less in the centre and goals began to flow.

We could all see jt determination as a young man and also how he could slip a defender for a headed goal from a corner. I could go on for ages but I won't. I just want to see these 2 men on our staff next season as player/coach. I do not believe we can afford to lose them.

It's so hard to separate them but I'll try my best:

Hand on heart and being brutally honest I'd say it's the same overall but:

On the Pitch - Lampard

Off the Pitch - JT

Lampard - I think we have struggled far more without Lampard than JT. Lampard was the linchpin of this team with the side built around him. Jose even described him as the best in the world. There is no better example than in the 10/11 season when we were racking up cricket scores against all and sundry then in early October, Lampard picked up a crucial injury and was out for about 3 months. I think we won 1 in 10 in that period and were averaging less than a goal a game. As good as JT has been we have to remember we had other equally excellent centre halves in Ricky Carvalho/G*llas and Alex/Ivanovic. When JT was injured in 07/08 for a lengthy spell we did not suffer as badly as we have done in Lampard's absence and he has never let us down when we've needed him most. There won't be another midfielder that scores 10+ goals a season for 10 on the spin, simply won't happen at this level.

JT - The way John Terry has been treated by the media is a massive shame, he has his faults admittedly but what people don't see is the good side and his ambassadorial role at the club. For a guy that is much maligned by the press (hence everybody) all the youth players speak highly of him and he takes the time to speak to each and every one of them making them feel they are part of the club irrespective of their contribution. Read what Guardiola had to say about JT after Ovrebo-gate, an extremely emotionally charged game, which most agree we were robbed.

“I want to thank John Terry for coming into the dressing room and congratulating us,†said Guardiola. “He’s a true gentleman.â€

Can you imagine a Man Utd player doing that? Or any other club captain showing that kind of class/humility?

I don't care what the media or rival fans say about either player, I'm proud they have played for this club and overall be it on the pitch or off it, they have been massive for us.

It's so hard to separate them but I'll try my best:

Hand on heart and being brutally honest I'd say it's the same overall but:

On the Pitch - Lampard

Off the Pitch - JT

Lampard - I think we have struggled far more without Lampard than JT. Lampard was the linchpin of this team with the side built around him. Jose even described him as the best in the world. There is no better example than in the 10/11 season when we were racking up cricket scores against all and sundry then in early October, Lampard picked up a crucial injury and was out for about 3 months. I think we won 1 in 10 in that period and were averaging less than a goal a game. As good as JT has been we have to remember we had other equally excellent centre halves in Ricky Carvalho/G*llas and Alex/Ivanovic. When JT was injured in 07/08 for a lengthy spell we did not suffer as badly as we have done in Lampard's absence and he has never let us down when we've needed him most. There won't be another midfielders that scores 10+ goals a season for 10 on the spin, simply won't happen at this level.

JT - The way John Terry has been treated by the media is a massive shame, he has his faults admittedly but what people don't see is the good side and his ambassadorial role at the club. For a guy that is much maligned by the press (hence everybody) all the youth players speak highly of him and he takes the time to speak to each and every one of them making them feel they are part of the club irrespective of their contribution. Read what Guardiola had to say about JT after Ovrebo-gate, an extremely emotionally charged game, which most agree we were robbed.

“I want to thank John Terry for coming into the dressing room and congratulating us,†said Guardiola. “He’s a true gentleman.â€

Can you imagine a Man Utd player doing that? Or any other club captain showing that kind of class/humility?

I don't care what the media or rival fans say about either player, I'm proud they have played for this club and overall be it on the pitch or off it, they have been massive for us.

I fully agree with you, and I enjoyed reading your post.

Thinking of Lamps and JT in their prime makes me happy. 

What players they are!

Archived