Managerial merry-go-round

Davey Baby

Well, Utd, PSG, City, Chelsea, Real, Barca and Bayern will all (or are likely to) be starting the new season with a new man at the helm.

It's quite incredible. The three top teams in England, both powerhouses in Spain, and the powerhouses of France and Germany.

Of course Carlo may stay in France and Barca may stick with their man, who has won the title but is battling cancer and looked out of his depth in the CL.

We shall see.

Pelligrini, Moyes, Jose and Guardiola will all definitely be in new jobs.

That still leaves 3 of those clubs possibly looking for a manager.

If Carlo stays in France Real will be looking, or if he goes PSG will be looking, and if Peligrini goes to Barca City will be looking and vice versa.

I suspect Jupp Heynckes will be in a top job next season, especially if he wins the CL, and if Real, Barca or City come knocking it may be difficult for Klopp to say no too.

Going to be interesting.

Benitez might even fancy his chances ..

I heard Wolves are looking for a manager.

So guys, put your money where your mouth is, who'll be managing these clubs next season .. ?

Dortmund

PSG

City 

Chelsea

Real

Barca

Everton

Malaga

Dortmund: Klopp

PSG: ???

City: Pellegrini

Chelsea: Mourinho

Real: Ancelotti

Barca: Villanova

Everton: Martinez

Malaga: ???

I've been a bit boring with my picks, but most seem to be safe bets. Malaga and PSG are up in the air, so I don't feel informed enough to even have a stab. Wenger's name keeps getting linked with PSG, but I can't see him wanting to leave Arsenal any time soon.

I won't predict on all of the jobs because my knowledge of managers outside of England is pretty poor.

PSG - Conte, I think he will look to leave Juve and PSG might offer him a way out. 

City  - Pellegrini, most the media seems pretty convinced he is already lined up, I remember reading in The Guardian at the start of the year that club officials from City had met his representiitives. 

Chelsea - TSO, after United appointed Moyes I feel fairly confident he will come to us as I don't think he will fancy the PSG job due to the lack of competition in League 1.

Real - Ancelotti, he's now won the title in 3 different countries and has more than proved his quality as a manager, when Real Madrid come knocking it is hard to turn them down. 

Barca - I think Vilanova will stay, not sure on the Pellegrini rumour as I am unsure they would want to appoint a former Real Madrid manager, otherwise (no idea if he has his coaching badges) I could see them giving the job to someone like Puyol as they like to promote from within the club. 

Everton - Roberto Martínez, I think Wigan will go down and after winning the FA Cup I don't think Dave Whelan would stand in his way.

I'd be surprised if Everton appoint a manager that's just been relegated, despite Wigan's heroics over the last 3 years under Martinez.

He kept them up in the previous 2 years and relegation is outright failure, considering he should have known what was required to stay up.

I know they lost Moses but even so, relegation is relegation.

Not saying he's a bad manager but Everton are likely to sell their best players this summer and the financial constraints are strict.

We shall see. I understand he's the favourite but I'm not sure it's the prudent choice.

As for Barca, I'd say Pelligrini fits their profile perfectly, despite the fact he has managed Real. He is very respected in Spain and his teams "play the right way". More a Barca manager than a Real manager if you ask me.

Barca have a very big decision to make this summer. Stick with Vilanova and they risk undoing all the work of the previous few years. He just looked clueless without Messi and, given his lack of managerial credentials, they may be concerned about falling behind. He looks suave on the touchline but if you ask me he's a bluffer. Madrid started the season disastrously domestically therefore weren't able to apply pressure. I'm not sure how well he'd have coped. Without Madrid imploding, winning the title with Messi Barca hardly makes him a managerial great. Still, i expect them to stick with him and (possibly) go for Klopp further down the line. I bet they're giving serious consideration to Pelligrini right now, as this may be their only chance, and he is somewhat revered in Spain.

I had no idea about the Juve situation so maybe I should have added their name to the list.

Edit: I'm officially adding their name to the list guys. Be quite extraordinary if the biggest clubs in the five biggest leagues in Europe all started next season with a new manager, but it's likely.

I'd be surprised if Everton appoint a manager that's just been relegated, despite Wigan's heroics over the last 3 years under Martinez.

He kept them up in the previous 2 years and relegation is outright failure, considering he should have known what was required to stay up.

I know they lost Moses but even so, relegation is relegation.

Not saying he's a bad manager but Everton are likely to sell their best players this summer and the financial constraints are strict.

We shall see. I understand he's the favourite but I'm not sure it's the prudent choice.

I went with Martinez to Everton because he seems to be the favorite at this point and I think Kenwright might be able to point to his FA Cup triumph as a positive a means of getting Toffees fans behind him.

Only other names I have seen linked at this point are Poyet who I don't think would get the role because I don't think Kenwright would go for a lower league manager and Laudrup who I think will stay at Swansea and even if he does leave I don't think it would be for Everton personally.   

^ Kenwright appointed Moyes, who was a lower league manager.

I think Poyet would do a better job than Martinez, but it's just a hunch.

Edit: Of course Wigan haven't been relegated yet, I must remember that, though I expect they will be tonight.

If Martinez orchestrates another great escape he's nailed-on for the job.

^ Kenwright appointed Moyes, who was a lower league manager.

I think Poyet would do a better job than Martinez, but it's just a hunch.

Edit: Of course Wigan haven't been relegated yet, I must remember that, though I expect they will be tonight.

If Martinez orchestrates another great escape he's nailed-on for the job.

Thing is the Everton of now is rather different to the Everton of 11 years ago they are about to finish a very respectable 6th and I personally don't think it's a job for someone with no Premier League experience.

Although Wigan will probably go down I think Martinez is a pretty good manager to keep that club up considering their very limited resources is respectable achievement and I rate Martinez a better manager than say Tony Pullis who despite Stoke for the most part always looking comfortable in the league has done so with a fair bit of investment to his squad, something Martinez has never had. 

Archived