Alan Hudson

s e asia

Not sure which forum to put this on but a sad story

Pity the current players of CFC and AFC couldnt have a bit of a whip round and help out

what with their weekly wages / sponsorship they are on now !

Fair few put in for Gazza,s last  trip to re-hab

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2370402/Chelsea-Arsenal-Stoke-favourite-Alan-Hudson-living-hostel-hitting-rock-bottom.html

I spoke to my dad about this subject and that article over the weekend, I value his opinion on this as he was there to see Hudson (before my time), my old man is one of those football fans that looks back at the players from that period through blue tinted specs but he does appreciate that there's a lot about the game today that is better than it was.

Anyway, although he thinks it's a tragic story and a shame for Hudson he was almost of the opinion that if he asked for help, got it and used the help properly then fair enough.  But any time he has had help he's wasted it.  In any walk of life you can touch someone one day (metaphorically) but then both parties move on, Hudon seems to think that because he touched Chelsea fans for a while that they will for ever more be in his debt.

There's no doubt he's had some bad luck, but he's also had plenty of good luck and help, sometimes you have to look after yourself and he seems incapable of doing that.

Yeah OK Mr Dog i shouldnt get on line when i am half pissed see what you mean by a re -hashed story by the press my "Article" was dated 19th july

Also understand peoples views on A.H. slagging off Chelsea, when he has been helped before and gone back on drink!

Sad state of affairs 

The other problem is on this site i usually only read the Vintage Forum, anyways regards to all

Yeah OK Mr Dog i shouldnt get on line when i am half pissed see what you mean by a re -hashed story by the press my "Article" was dated 19th july

Also understand peoples views on A.H. slagging off Chelsea, when he has been helped before and gone back on drink!

Sad state of affairs 

The other problem is on this site i usually only read the Vintage Forum, anyways regards to all

That is not a problem on this site, it is YOUR problem because that is what you choose to do.  It is like restricting your diet to Cheddar cheese - a fine cheese, but even better if eaten along with a variety of other fine food, of which there is a plethora on this site!

Expand your horizons!!

Three kids and hes living in a homeless hostel, i wonder if the same three kids would be giving him a major swerve if he was on Chelsea TV every other evening.

Obviously the man has made some pretty dire decisions in his life to have hit rock bottom and maybe just maybe pleading your case whilst sitting with a vodka and orange in hand isnt the greatest plea ever made. Is it a shame? of course its a shame to see anyone in that mess but i think playing the pity card sitting in a pub is not going to get the reaction i think he is looking for. Stop drinking sir and im sure that people of old and some new faces might just come to your rescue and remember you for the Legend that you once was.

Three kids and hes living in a homeless hostel, i wonder if the same three kids would be giving him a major swerve if he was on Chelsea TV every other evening.

Obviously the man has made some pretty dire decisions in his life to have hit rock bottom and maybe just maybe pleading your case whilst sitting with a vodka and orange in hand isnt the greatest plea ever made. Is it a shame? of course its a shame to see anyone in that mess but i think playing the pity card sitting in a pub is not going to get the reaction i think he is looking for. Stop drinking sir and im sure that people of old and some new faces might just come to your rescue and remember you for the Legend that you once was.

Alas, the whole point about being an alcoholic is that it is well nigh impossible to do that without masses of support. Otherwise alcoholism wouldn't be a problem.

Spare us from the "unco guid"  Always say to yourselves "There but for fortune go you and I"

That is not a problem on this site, it is YOUR problem because that is what you choose to do.  It is like restricting your diet to Cheddar cheese - a fine cheese, but even better if eaten along with a variety of other fine food, of which there is a plethora on this site!

Expand your horizons!!

Mate you got me wrong probably due to my lack of commas etc. there is no problem with this site , i was just trying to say i usually only read the vintage page which in no way was a dig , just my reading habits

Mate you got me wrong probably due to my lack of commas etc. there is no problem with this site , i was just trying to say i usually only read the vintage page which in no way was a dig , just my reading habits

Oh dear, you called her 'mate'. Hide, quick!

Alas, the whole point about being an alcoholic is that it is well nigh impossible to do that without masses of support. Otherwise alcoholism wouldn't be a problem.

Spare us from the "unco guid"  Always say to yourselves "There but for fortune go you and I"

Actually Moi i am far from Rigidly Righteous even if it sounded that way. But to sit waving a glass of vodka while telling the word how sh*tty your plight is will never get you the masses of support needed to beat addiction that you quite rightly pointed out.

Valerie warned you!  I am NOT your mate!  I am an old witch who will put an evil spell on you!!

But thanks for explaining.  You need to expand your reading habits.  There are many excellent threads - including the All Purpose Rant thread where you can rant about old witches....

Archived