Transfer Policy.

Shotgun883
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

I think everyone is losing their sh*t over us not playing the youngsters, ignoring talent who we loan out and such for the wrong reason. I think there is a massive strategy underlining everything we are doing, FFP.

Back in the 80s and 90s Ajax were famous for having an excellent youth team, regularly selling off their players, sales of those players which propped the club up. Porto and Benfica are using a similar model but importing players en masse from South America, taking a risk on unknown players hoping they get good reap the rewards for a few seasons and can sell them at a profit. The key to the success is getting the most out of the players whilst you have them in order to remain successful and sorting out replacements when you do.

I think Chelsea have implemented a similar mould. Buy hoovering up talent as soon as they can, even for big fees Chelsea are in a complete win win situation. They either get a player ready for the first team; Oscar for instance. Or they loan the player out for either experience building to a first team place; Lukaku or inflating their sale value; KDB. Loans are low risk as I bet the loan club take on a huge chunk in wages. Is their any question that Oscar or Hazard wouldnt sell for anywhere less than double what we payed for them? KDB played only a handful for us without setting the world on fire and doubled. How much is Courtois Worth? £8m.. I think not. Moses (£10m), Romeu (£4m), Marin (£7m), are all mid road players with potential who all could sell for more than Chelsea bought them for.

Its a high risk strategy, certainly not every player will make a massive profit, some will make a loss but its a way to get around the FFP intelligently without a massive stadium or Sheiks sponsoring the mascots dog for £400m.

Its a massive shame to see Mata Go but if we get £40m for a second choice player and can use that for the future I think we'll be ok.

Edited by Shotgun883

I was thinking the same thing. I even forgot we signed van Ginkel, so unfortunate to be injured, he would have been a key player. How much was he, 8 mil or so? He could be worth so much more in a few years. Although him and Matic alongside each other would be a delicious combination as well.

I was thinking the same thing. I even forgot we signed van Ginkel, so unfortunate to be injured, he would have been a key player. How much was he, 8 mil or so? He could be worth so much more in a few years. Although him and Matic alongside each other would be a delicious combination as well.

And the best thing about that would be the fact that we wont have a million back passes from Mikel to look forward to.Im jumping at the very thought of it !