Stadium tour

Kentonio

11 minutes ago, Kentonio said:

Well, ended up going on it. Awesome fun, well worth the money. :)

Do you have a guide or is it a free roam situation?

I remember when I was in Dallas I went to the cowboys stadium but it wasn't a tour, it was pay $14 and literally go wherever you like.  On the pitch, in the rooms, in the cheerleaders room, in the stands and all around.  Which was cool because we played a small game of touch on the actual ground, but disappointed we didn't hear anything about the team or the stadium.

It's guided. They take you around the stands, into the away and home dressing rooms (the difference is hilarious) and into the press room. The guide my group has was cool and had lots of little facts to share. Tour lasts about an hour.

The main weird thing for me was how small the place seems inside compared the match day! You certainly notice a lot more when it's empty though.

Oh and you won't get on the pitch I'm afraid, it's a very firm rule. You get to go down the players tunnel though and into the dugouts.

I've been a couple of times - it's great fun, with the guides giving little digs at the likes of Arsenal etc on the way.  The best one we had was when we had booked and then a league cup game was scheduled for that evening.  They forgot to cancel us and apologised and refunded the money when we turned up.  When we explained that we were down from Shropshire and couldn't reschedule easily they said they would do a tour but it may have to be truncated if areas were out of action.  In fact we had the whole tour for free and the players' kit was already laid out for the match and we could take loads of photos of us holding Frank's, Makalele's etc boots!  We weren't allowed to even go into the away dressing room though as we weren't allowed near the Charlton player's stuff.

This contrasted with the tour of the Bernebeu, where all the staff were as miserable as sin and didn't interact with the visitors at all.  Yeah, they had more trophies than us but it felt really detached and unfriendly.

Archived