Taxi for Ferdinand...

Much as I can't stand him, I don't think Rio was totally at fault there, Van der Sar was completely out of position and should have been back on his line to let Rio comfortably deal with the the situation.

Is it just me or does anyone else think van der sour could have made some sort of effort to stop that.

yes, i also think Van der Sar could have done more once it had passed him. 2 critical errors from him in my opinion... it was lovely to see though icon_twisted.gif

I don't think he could do anything about it once it was hit - by the time he realised it was miles from him and had turnd round the ball would have been over the line.

As for apportioning blame well I would say it was 50 50 - yes Van Der Saar was all over the place and hopelessly out of position, what he was doing there I have no idea. However irrespective of how much out of position he was there can be no excusing a centre half playing a back pass toward the goal without checking to see if the keeper was in the path of the ball!

Much as I can't stand him, I don't think Rio was totally at fault there, Van der Sar was completely out of position and should have been back on his line to let Rio comfortably deal with the the situation.
Is it just me or does anyone else think van der sour could have made some sort of effort to stop that.

yes, i also think Van der Sar could have done more once it had passed him. 2 critical errors from him in my opinion... it was lovely to see though icon_twisted.gif

I don't really fault vds much there, apart from the fact he could have called to say he was coming out to collect.

rio was largely at fault for not looking up, and he wasn't even under huge pressure- well, I mean the pompey player was next to him, not behind him, so he could have even turned and played it forward. also, was the wes brown? why was he 2 feet behind the rest of his defense?