watching season in USA?

primuspaul

9 hours ago, primuspaul said:

What's the recommended way? Matchday Pass from nbcsports for $39.99? Can I be certain those 140 matches include all Chelsea matches? Is there another option that includes Champion's League?

right now you are lucky to watch The Blues. If you want both EPL & UCL action, then you might want to look into getting fubo.tv. Also there are viewing parties all over the place with Blue fan clubs in each major metropolis

What's the recommended way? Matchday Pass from nbcsports for $39.99? Can I be certain those 140 matches include all Chelsea matches? Is there another option that includes Champion's League?
I'd recommend an annual subscription to sports donkey.

29 minutes ago, loz said:
10 hours ago, primuspaul said:

I'd recommend an annual subscription to sports donkey.

A sentence where a misplaced comma wouild totally change the tone..... 

10 hours ago, primuspaul said:

NBC Gold doesn't include the matches that are shown on TV

I can promise you that nearly every Chelsea game is going to be on TV with Pulisic playing. 

If all you're interested in is Chelsea, I wouldn't get NBC Gold. 

But if you have a cable subscription that includes NBC Sports Network, you can watch every game. With maybe one or two exceptions. 

Turner has the right to Champions League. If those games aren't on TV (and a lot of the group stage games won't be) you can buy them one at a time for like $3 off of the Bleacher Report Live App. 

And this LAZY SOB is headed to London the day after Thanksgiving to see Villa and West Ham at the Bridge! ::ChELSeAFaN::

NBCSN shows most games.  So you have a choice on their networks:  NBCSN, CNBC, NBC local affiliate.  75% of the time, they'll show Chelsea.  For the others, I do the subscription and stream on the ROKU through the NBC sports app.  The app works from a laptop or Apple TV or any streaming device with access to the app as well.  Yes, it sucks paying for a streaming service for a few games, but the Premier League is on in my house every Saturday & Sunday morning & afternoon.  So we are always watching a game.  We're Chelsea first & foremost, but we're football junkies.

Champions League, Carabao Cup, FA Cup, etc were on ESPN+ or Bleacher Report Live or Fox last year.  So yes, more streaming could be needed based on your interest.  Bleacher Report had an option to pay per game, so you didn't have to buy a full season subscription.  

I don't see where you live, so a local chapter of Chelsea in America may be near you and they would gather at a local pub to watch the game.  Boston has a great venue for that, and NBCSN did a Premier League Mornings show from here last season.  

To summarize, you do have access to pretty much every match we'll play this season.  

Chelsea v Liverpool in mid-September is not being televised by NBC (or its myriad of channels).  They have pushed that one to the NBC Sports Gold subscription.  They've only listed the TV schedule through September, but I'm assuming that NBC is going to push some key matchups there to force people to pay extra.  Very frustrating, but I'm a sucker who subscribes anyway.  Champions League is far worse.  UEFA made a truly horrible deal with TNT.  Immediate dollars over actual exposure.  Fox Sports showed pretty much every interesting CL game.  TNT shows very few and forces you to pay for matches on B/R Live.  Add to that, their coverage is awful.

1 hour ago, floydgator said:

Chelsea v Liverpool in mid-September is not being televised by NBC (or its myriad of channels).  They have pushed that one to the NBC Sports Gold subscription.  

They change those up by week as well. I'll be shocked if Chelsea/Liverpool isn't on Broadcast NBC

I’ve heard DAZN in Canada will Stream all PL matches for about 150 Canadian Dollars per year. Apparently there’s a way for non-Canadians to sign up, presumably using a VPN. I’ve been meaning to look into it myself but haven’t got round to it yet.

Archived