Five years time

fester
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Just for a bit of fun, as my crystal ball has broken.  Which of the current squad will be heading towards legend status in five years time?

I am going for:

• Reece James
  • Antonio Rudiger
  • Mateo Kovacic
  • RLC
  • Mason Mount
  • Billy Gilmore
  • Christian Pulisic

I think Kante is already a legend, so doesn't need to be on my list ?

59 minutes ago, Argo said:

I think all above apart from Kova and Rudi will still be far too young in five years time to be discussing legend status, even if we turn into peak Barca.

Maybe it's a cultural thing, but I think the term "legend" gets tossed around way too easily in football.

I think instead of 5 years we should look at it from the perspective of at the end of there careers, I will just look at our own youngsters whether they will go down as legends or not:

Legends: Billy, Reece & Tomori

Struggle: Mason, RLC & CHO

I think the 3 that will struggle are down to the following reasons, Mason due to his style of play I dont think he will be able to maintain that level of intensity throughout his career & I dont think he will be able to adapt once the engine starts emptying. Think he may be sold once the standards start to drop, I am a huge RLC fan and I really wish I am wrong on this but I think injuries will get better of him and he may go down a similar route to Jack Wilshere. This may be a little unfair on him but I dont think CHO is a one club man and if his head is turned a few years down the line I can see him throwing his toys out the pram again (Considering his career is not ended through his stupidity for non-footballing reasons).