Greetings all

Hi all , I signed up here a couple years ago but hadn’t really been viewing or posting at all. When Frank got sacked I wanted to see the views of Chelsea fans away from the hysterics of social media etc. I’ve been liking what I’ve seen in terms of discussions around matches/players, so I’ve decided to start posting on the forum and hopefully I can contribute positively.

2 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

@Dubair :crigon_04:

By the way was it Lampard as manager that attracted you to the forum or do you like Chelsea in general and it is just that Lampard as manager got your 'pen to paper'?

Yeah Lampard as manager probably attracted me to the forum indirectly. I’ve been following Chelsea since I started watching football about 20 years ago but for the few years before Lampard came in I felt slightly disillusioned.

Having Lampard come back really reignited things for me and I found last season to be the most enjoyable season to follow Chelsea in a long time. 

Good to know, Lampard last season was refreshing in bringing through the younger players and managing to get top 4.

Personally think the club was right to change managers as Lampard was struggling for me this season though understand those that wanted him to have a full second season.

Over the years we’ve had managers at the club who’ve had little connection with the club.

Yes, we have won trophies, but it felt like we were engaging with a company in the leisure industry rather than supporting a football club.

When Super Frank came it was such a breath of fresh air. We knew he was a rookie manager and we knew mistakes would abound. But he bleeds blue and the sense of engagement he has with everything CFC was motivating for the fans.

The romantic side in many of us really wanted Frank to work out. I still think he should have been given more time.

That said I like the new chap, he comes over as measured and intelligent and a real pro.

This is a good fans forum and there are some intelligent and interesting posters.