England vs Brazil

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sure it's only a friendly but still. There are some good players on the pitch: Kaka, Lampard, Terry and Cole. icon_cool.gif

Then of course there are the usual mediocre players such as Ronaldinho and Gerrard but I think we can let them play with the big boys. icon_wink.gif

And Beckham will play! That alone makes the game worth watching WoWSeXy.gif

Anyone going to watch this game? At home, at the pub or perhaps at Wembley?

Come on England!

jt.gif

After just about every England friendly I make a vow never to put myself through the tedium of another England friendly however invariably I end up watching them all.

In addition I have spent the lions share of today, and will be spending the lions share of the next 2.5 hours, enthralling myself with calculations of industrial buildings capital allowances, plant & machinery capital allowances, capital gains and Corporation Tax liabilities - if anyone deserves a case of beer and to sit in front of the tele it is me!!!!

You'd think that Beckham had scored the goal - looked in gettyimages under 'John Terry' and the first 8 or so images are just of Beckham celebrating icon_rolleyes.gif yes yes yes he's had a good game and his freekick was spot on, but give John a little credit for scoring icon_rolleyes.gif

I was pissed off that the BBC's Goal of The Season competition didn't include a single goal scored by a Chelsea player. And this despite Didier Drogba finishing as top scorer, and most of those goals were on the spectacular side.

Oh and Steven Gerrard was given the Man of The Match award for being Steven Gerrard. Whiney Scouse git.

Gerrard disappeared in the 2nd half.

And where the hell was our Lampard and J.Cole tonight?

True, although Cole had a pretty good first half. But Gerrard was average too, MOTM for being Gerrard, as usual.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Obvious choice I know, but probably Beckham. Thought Smith was next useless - then again that may be because we didn't use him right. We should use his white hair and blue lips for kicking practise.

1064.gif

Guest Brian M
Obvious choice I know, but probably Beckham. Thought Smith was next useless - then again that may be because we didn't use him right. We should use his white hair and blue lips for kicking practise.

1064.gif

Nope. That's because he's from L**ds... icon_cool.gif

Well I disagree. I know when credit is due and Gerrard deserved that MOTM. He did a great job holding the midfield and without him tonight we would have been screwed.

Usual England non-performance, Beckham (aka the Silver Fox!!) was his usual self, a few good passes and a well taken free kick, nothing more nothing less but he'll grab the headlines. Joey looked up for it in the first half but faded in the second, Lamps wasn't at the races again. Solid performance and a great header by JT, I had a feeling he might bag one tonight, shame I didn't put any money on him I went with Lamps as first goalscorer instead. icon_rolleyes.gif

I can't pick a man of the match as nobody really stood out.

Oh yeah and is just my television but whenever Gerrard makes a mistake, be it a miss placed pass or a foul or getting done up like a kipper by Kaka the sound seems to drop out as I never here any criticism from the commentators.

My prediction for the Estonia game is 1-1 and another lacklustre performance.

Well I disagree. I know when credit is due and Gerrard deserved that MOTM. He did a great job holding the midfield and without him tonight we would have been screwed.

Wow. I apologise, I didn't realise that you know where and who the credit is due.

What did you think of Carragher? England's best defender tonight?

Sounds that way Loz, can't think of any other reason Gerrard would be given MOTM.

To be fair, tried their best to hide it, but by 'eck, no one other than a ticketless pusher would be so deluded to think that.

Not sure I agree that he deserved the MOTM (though I can't think of one who did icon_rolleyes.gif ) but Gerrard was good in the 1st half. He did a few really good things and probably prevented a goal at one point. But he wasn't great and in the 2nd half he really disappeared. He was worse than Lampard and that's saying something.

Might as well have given the MOTM to Cole. He was good in the 1st and bad in the 2nd too.

The one who perhaps deserved to get it though is JT. He was solid despite having 2-3 fellow defencemen playing bad or like s*ite. King was bad and Carragher was complete rubbish.

JT - solid and goalscorer. A true captain!