X-Pert Eleven

Michael

X-Pert Eleven is a football manager game where you manage a fictitious football team. The thought behind the game is that you compete with your friends in a league that you create yourselves. You manage your team/teams in good times as well as bad. Your tasks consist of selecting your team and working out some cunning tactical moves.

------

I was thinking of creating a league for the members of this forum. It is lots of fun, I currently have 4 teams in 4 different leagues, and I am very much enjoying it. If we get enough interest I'll happily create a league for the CSR2 Forum. If we get enough people to join up we can also have two divisions. 8-10 teams per division is ideal, but we will wait and see how many people want to to join before we start talking about two divisions.

If there isn't enough interest or whatever then that is ok, I just thought it would be a bit of fun and something different icon_wink.gif

Michael

It would be useful if you provided a brief summary of how it works as that may encourage a few folk to do it. i.e do you have to log in daily or weekly,transfers, tactics etc.

I'm probably up for it.

Games are played twice a week. You don't have to log in daily, but it is quite handy as you often get mail. You can buy players in the transfer market also, unfortunatley you can't buy players directly from each other, only VIP members can do that, but you have to pay for that.

You can also write press releases, which can be fun as you can taunt your opponent before you paly games etc. Also it is a good idea to do at least one press release a week, as you get bonus money for doing so. Also to raise money you can either sell players, get random finacial events in the mail (I once got nearly 5 million from a Russion to spend on training and transfers) and you also can do a Sponsor Activity once a week which earns you 1 million.

If you have any other questions, feel free to post them in here. You could also visit the X-Pert Eleven site and look at the FAQ icon_wink.gif

Ok good stuff Sergey. I've set up a league anyway, we have 3 weeks to get at least 6 teams. Obviously the more teams the better, so I urge everyone to sign up, it really is good fun once we get into it icon_wink.gif

The league ID is 118938

Good stuff Oblivion, I have accepted your application, so you can now check your squad out. I have already looked at it, and you have a class 19 year old striker icon_wink.gif

I thought I would also post a description on how the games are played, I just copy and pasted from the site.

When you choose to look at a match you will see a recording of the match and it opens up in a new window. If you use any program that blocks "popup" windows you will have to do something about that before you can view the match. Often it is enough to hold down the CTRL-button on your keyboard to temporarily inactivate the pop-up blocker. To view the match you need a Macromedia Shockwave plug-in in your browser. If you do not have one then you will be asked to download one and it should install itself automatically. The first time you view a match it could take some time especially if you have a low speed connection but it should not take much more than one minute with a 28.8 modem.

When the match is shown you will first see who is sponsoring the broadcast and this is always the home team's main sponsor. After this you will see the match display where the home team's line-up is to the left and the away team's line-up is to the right. The clock will start ticking. If any team has a chance to score the clock will pause and that team's score number will start flashing and you will receive textual information on what is happening. If there is a goal you will be informed of this in a textual message in the middle of the display. You will also get information about any cards that are handed out (yellow or red), any free kicks or penalties that are awarded or if any player is injured.

Also, you can't make subs during the game, you can pick up to 5 palyers to be on the bench though, and if one of your players get's injured then the computer will make an automatic sub for you. All the games are simulated, but it is up to you to work out formations and tactics.

I've played the game for a few years and it's really quite simple to be honest. You don't have to do alot of work to make a team work and that is both good and bad in my oppinion.

Anyway, I would like to join but I can't because I have reached my limit of how many teams I can have. If I leave a league then I'll join you.

I have 4 teams, 5 if we get enough interest for this league. You just need a higher X-Pert rating to get your full team quota icon_wink.gif

Would be good if you could join Moos 139.gif

I'm a VIP member so my Xpert-rating is good icon_wink.gif

But I still can't join your league icon_sad.gif

I have accepted all the new teams, we now have 6, which is the minimum amount you need. Would be good to get a few more teams, the more teams the better. The game starts when I create the season. You have to create the league 2 weeks in advance, so we can't start for at least 2 weeks icon_wink.gif

EDIT: While we wait for the league to start you can challenge other teams to friendlies. Games will be played on Thursdays and Sundays for the time being, I will be changing it so our games are played on Tuesdays and Saturdays though (Because they are the only two days I don't have games in my other teams icon_razz.gif )

I have a friendly with Oblivion tomorrow at 9:30, but that is X-Pert time. 9:30 X-Pert time is 5:30pm Australian time, and is 8:30am English time, I can also change the time we play our matches to suit most people when I create the season icon_wink.gif

Does this mean we have to log in to view the game live. I live in Malaysia and its now 11.07 AM here, or 1.07 PM Melbourne time, getting online may be a little difficult (loz will tell you all about the joys of time zones.......remember those days loz? icon_wink.gif ). However, if its just a matter of setting the team strategies and watching the game at our leasure, then its not an issue, and the games can be played any day from Monday-Friday. Oh, and speaking of team strategies, how do I change my team's formation?

I copy and pasted from the rules as it was easier than trying to explain myself icon_razz.gif

When you select your team you go to the "Player squad" page where you see your players and their most important qualities. In the drop down menu to the far right you can choose what position the player will play in. If the player is not chosen you can either use him/her as a substitute or leave him/her out of the team altogether. As a substitute the player can replace anyone in his/her position should they get injured during the game. He/she can also be substituted into another position if you do not have a player on the bench that prefers the position of the injured player. If you leave a player out of the team he/she will remain a spectator during the whole match whatever happens.

A maximum of 11 players is allowed on the pitch of which one must be a goalkeeper. There is only room for 5 players on the substitutes' bench so the rest of the squad must be left out of the team. You are not allowed to use any extreme team formations such as choosing all 10 outfield players as attackers. The team must use one of the following formations:

4-5-1 (4 defenders, 5 midfielders, 1 attacker)

4-4-2 (4 defenders, 4 midfielders, 2 attackers)

4-3-3 (4 defenders, 3 midfielders, 3 attackers)

4-2-4 (4 defenders, 2 midfielders, 4 attackers)

5-4-1 (5 defenders, 4 midfielders, 1 attacker)

5-3-2 (5 defenders, 3 midfielders, 2 attackers)

5-2-3 (5 defenders, 2 midfielders, 3 attackers)

3-5-2 (3 defenders, 5 midfielders, 2 attackers)

3-4-3 (3 defenders, 4 midfielders, 3 attackers)

When you have selected the team you press the button "Save line-up". If you happen to select a formation that is not allowed you will be informed of this and nothing will been saved. If you do not have enough players in the team you will still be able to save the team line-up as long as you have selected a goalkeeper. If you at the start of the match have less than 10 players in the line-up you will lose the game on WO (0-5).

The team line-up you select will apply until you change it the next time. You cannot select different line-ups for several games in advance but the line-up you select will apply until future changes. If a player you have selected for the starting line-up gets injured before the match a substitute will replace that player in the game. The players that you have left out of the team will not be eligible to play in the game whatever happens.

Hope that makes sense.

You don't have to be online to watch the games, you can watch them when ever you want.

Sergey you don't need to be around when the game is actually played as you don't actyallu have any control over your team during the game so not being around at the weekend is not an issue - you just set up your team beforehand.

You need to go to the site to apply Sergey - it isn't sent to you - basically you create an accoun, apply to join Michael's league (using the number he gave above) and then Michael gets a message to approve your application.

Archived