Support on Saturday

Tim

Was a complete joke, and I'm not sure why.

I've been at the Evertons and Spammers games recently (last minute tickets both times!) and while the support at the former one was pretty decent, the noise, or lack of it, on Sat was bit embarrassing to be honest.

Even when the Spammers fans were laying into Frankie ('your dad's not proud of you' being onme of their more pathetic chants) we could only muster a half-hearted 'Super Frank' in reply, which died on its arse after aboiut 10 seconds.

WHY??? How were we not up for this game? Early kick off maybe, but the Spammers didn't have any issues belting out songs for 90 mins, so what's our excuse?

Thoughts?

It does'nt help having the away fans next to and abusing the family section. The shed should have been more vocal.

This is like a cup final for them as well where most Chelsea fans dont even consider them one of our rivals but i do agree the atmosphere from us should have been much, much better.

We should have abused those pikies, i posted a thread under ignorance is bliss with regards to them singing about our so-called lack of history.

I really didn't think the support was crap on saturday,gate 14 was pretty good.

Where in the ground were you Tim?

I couldn't hear the pikeys at all,we sung all game.

I think we should start a campaign to move the away support back to the East Lower.

Its far too easy for them in the Shed end,just not intimidating enough.

They saw it as the solution,instead of us having to give up the North Stand for cup games.

But now looking at the way it has effected the banter and noise at the Bridge...

...moving the away support to the Shed was a really bad decision.

Anyone else feel the same??

I sit gate 14 MH upper and i agree with glory having the away fans at that end helps with the banter, instead as i said having them abusing the family section. It all depends where you are sitting, it did'nt sound to me like the hammers were that noisy from the other end of the pitch, just like i bet they could'nt hear to much of us.

What happend to the shed end??

It seemed to me they just sat there like a bunch of lemons and let them abuse the kids without even giving them any stick back. 317.gif

I was in the West, nearer the Shed, so although i'm sure the MHL was decent if you were in it, the Shed did sod all, and you couldn't really hear the MH to be honest.

Like I said, it was so much better at the Everton game, when the Shed was in full voice, and I agree its probably because there were many more away fans, but STILL, to be outsung by the Spammers was not very impressive.

I just wish we could do what Newcastle do and stick the away support up in the gods, but im guessing the logistics at the Bridge wouldn't allow for that.

Not saying Sat was the worst I've ever seen or anything like that, but I expected the place to be rocking, and it all seemed a bit subdued and half-hearted.

Interesting that most of you don't agree though, maybe I need my ears syringed?

Hard to tell from the stream of the game but the pikies did sound loud, especially early in the second half when they had a good spell. However you can't really go on that as that is mainly down to where the microphones are situated.

I would agree that it should have been much much better like i said earlier, and i think the hammers probably thought the same .They were singing 'you cant buy atmosphere' after the game.

But it really does depend where you are sitting, a 1000 people singing in one part of the ground sounds loud to them but can hardly be heard at the other end.

This is where the east and west stands really let us down, if a song starts in the MH stand or the shed, it should spread around the ground and it just does'nt happen enough at the moment.

not saying it's right, but it's the norm for every club these days...the away support is loud while the home fans are on the whole quiet...when we go to upton park it will be the other way round...chelsea away fans are as good as anyone in the country, but at stamford bridge we tend to be more quiet cos the hard core aren't together and there are a lot of glory hunters

not saying it's right, but it's the norm for every club these days...the away support is loud while the home fans are on the whole quiet...when we go to upton park it will be the other way round...chelsea away fans are as good as anyone in the country, but at stamford bridge we tend to be more quiet cos the hard core aren't together and there are a lot of glory hunters

Well said mate!

One of the things that always appealed to me in the 80's when i started going to the bridge was the support and the noise.

Im not in a position to comment on every home game as i only get over maybe 3 times a year , but the last time i sat in the West stand i could hear the shed end , but the West stand was like a wake , lots of tourists saying bugger all .

One of the things that always appealed to me in the 80's when i started going to the bridge was the support and the noise.

Im not in a position to comment on every home game as i only get over maybe 3 times a year , but the last time i sat in the West stand i could hear the shed end , but the West stand was like a wake , lots of tourists saying bugger all .

I know what you mean, I was in the Shed on Saturday for the first time (I usually get tickets for the West) and by-eck, the difference is amazing. I can honestly say if I can't get tickets for the Shed or MHS I won't bother going. I like to be singing and jumping about, not sitting there with businessman who are only out for a social.

Got tickets in the Shed for the Newcastle game so well chuffed happy0034.gif

I sit in Gate 8 MHL & we all sung,as we do all the time, but cos I'm dead opposite (diagonally) the away lot I can hear them well.

Still didn't think much of the game although 3 points is 3 points. Poor showing from the Shed I thought, sorry guys

westhamcocksuckers.jpg

Archived