Frank is getting better

abramovich

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...779&ito=newsnow

When Lampard tore a muscle on Boxing Day there were fears that he could be out for five or six weeks after complications on a similar injury had led to a lengthy lay-off.

But he is already back running and looking to step up his rehabilitation. His father, Frank Lampard senior, thinks he may have been ready to play in the next game against Tottenham if it had not been brought forward two days to Saturday. When Ballack and Lampard are both fit they will be under pressure to develop a better partnership than they managed last season. There are doubts they can fulfil their potential together in the same side but the former West Ham player rejected them.

He said: "I don't agree with it, but once it gets inside people's heads they make that the issue. I watched Ballack closely in the World Cup after we had just signed him and he played deep for them [Germany]. His instinct is to play deep and arrive late on crosses. When I come back we can play together."

Maybe but to be fair Frank hasnt been up to much either (for a long time too now ) neither of them this season has shown the form Ballack has in the last few games. Out of everyone i think Joses departure has affected Essien most. Maybe some time away will do him good. If i had to pick a central midfield pairing right now it would be Ballack and Mikel (when not suspended icon_wink.gif )

Still it cant hurt to have Frank back, you always feel there is a goal in him.

Cant say that about Sidwell!

Archived