Blues on alert for

I agree in principle with the idea of developing the youngsters. But here is a very special player, with at least a few good years ahead of him and it appears, available for a reasonable price. Purchasing him doesn't mean we have to necessarily abandon the idea of buying the best youngsters available.

I agree in principle with the idea of developing the youngsters. But here is a very special player, with at least a few good years ahead of him and it appears, available for a reasonable price. Purchasing him doesn't mean we have to necessarily abandon the idea of buying the best youngsters available.

He is very special player indeed but if he gets "the sheva" he will just be expensive and as we know it is hard to see Chelsea as an Elephant graveyard.

I'd rather see us developing younger prospects to stardom instead of buying Barca rejects even if it costs us PL title or two. ManU and Ar*e are doing it very well.

In my opinion, he would be a lot less of a gamble than the likes of Van der Vaart and Modric that a lot of people are advocating. These guys have never even played in a decent league, so when people say that Ron "could" turn out like Shevchenko, there is every chance that these other guys "could" turn out like Kezman.

As they say, form is temporary but class is permanent. It was only 1 year ago that he was the undisputed best player in the world.

Something dodgy has been going on within the Barca squad over the last 18 months or so. It has effected Ron's game (along with Eto, and Riikaards management, so it seems). A change of scenery might be just what he needs to get back to the form he was in when we played against him in the Champion's League - and he made our watertight defence look pretty shaky on occaisions.

Comparing him to Sheva isn't really doing him justice. Sheva's game was all about pace, so signing him as a 30 year old when he had lost his main asset was in hindsight not a great move.

Ron's game is not really about pace - it is about pure skill, technique and inspiration. One look at Zola will tell you that these qualities get potentially get better, even into a players mid 30's.

He would fit perfectly into our system at the moment playing as a wide forward, and he would also be an option playing through the middle if we go down the path of playing with an attacking central midfielder.

And if we could get him for 12 mil - that is a gamble well worth taking. What's the worst that could happen?

I Know its only the Daily Mail but they had a big feature on avram and what sort of player he wants to buy and he's apparently ruled out buying Ronnie and Modric. It said that he wanted to find the next Messi/Kaka and that he would be focussing on South American style players. Lulinha, Kerlon, Renato Augusto anybody?? there were rumors linking us to them a while ago.

In my opinion, he would be a lot less of a gamble than the likes of Van der Vaart and Modric that a lot of people are advocating. These guys have never even played in a decent league, so when people say that Ron "could" turn out like Shevchenko, there is every chance that these other guys "could" turn out like Kezman.

As they say, form is temporary but class is permanent. It was only 1 year ago that he was the undisputed best player in the world.

Something dodgy has been going on within the Barca squad over the last 18 months or so. It has effected Ron's game (along with Eto, and Riikaards management, so it seems). A change of scenery might be just what he needs to get back to the form he was in when we played against him in the Champion's League - and he made our watertight defence look pretty shaky on occaisions.

Comparing him to Sheva isn't really doing him justice. Sheva's game was all about pace, so signing him as a 30 year old when he had lost his main asset was in hindsight not a great move.

Ron's game is not really about pace - it is about pure skill, technique and inspiration. One look at Zola will tell you that these qualities get potentially get better, even into a players mid 30's.

He would fit perfectly into our system at the moment playing as a wide forward, and he would also be an option playing through the middle if we go down the path of playing with an attacking central midfielder.

And if we could get him for 12 mil - that is a gamble well worth taking. What's the worst that could happen?

Ronnie is past his best. Played all his best years in LaLiga. He is close to 30. VDV, Modric and these younger guys are still to reach their best and still developing and much more adjustable than LaLiga-Ronnie.

We saw what happened to one of the best strikers in the world when changing league past his best. It is less risk you say, maybe but risks are something you have to take when buying young players. Take C.Ronaldo for example. Fergie put everything on Ronaldo even though he was cr*p the first and the second season look at him now. He is leading their team to a possible double.

I think we have good enough older players in the team. Buy youth if you are going to buy (that is something they say in Hollywood happy0034.gif ).

Archived