Didier, get up!!!!

dreadis

He did win us a few free kicks last night, taking pressure off the back four. I know what you mean about his antics but he was playing up front, isolated for most of the game, sometimes the free-kicks he wins get us into the opponants half.

It's funny how Ronaldo doesn't get the same type of press as Drogba. If DD goes down it's theatrical, if CR does it, it was played for because he saw the challenge coming. icon_rolleyes.gif

some of the stick he got was a bit unfair. at least 3 were fairly bad fouls, or at least bad knocks. he does himself no favours at times, and last night he did embelish a lot of the fouls from behind. but so did torres and kuyt. strangely no mention of them in the media.

I don't care how media reports it or if somebody else in the league is doing it more/less than him. I am speaking here as CFC fan! I am sick of watching one of our best players in the last 2-3 years embarrassing himself and us game after game!

Bluenut...I believe he can still do all those things without falling down every time somebody touches him! He showed that last year, didn't he?

At least there usually has been some contact when Drogba goes down even if it is exaggerated. Unlike some who go down without anyone being near them - mentioning no names - Ronaldo, Gerrard.

I also wanted to make a point about the Eto'o incident last night. He was clearly fouled by Ferdinand but because he stayed on his feet he got nothing. If he had fallen it would have rightfully been a penalty. If the authorities want to stop people exaggerating contact then they should encourage refs to blow for a foul whether or not a player goes to ground. That way the player has the incentive to stay on his feet and try to score, knowing that the penalty/freekick will still be awarded if he doesn't get the advantage.

At least there usually has been some contact when Drogba goes down even if it is exaggerated. Unlike some who go down without anyone being near them - mentioning no names - Ronaldo, Gerrard.

I also wanted to make a point about the Eto'o incident last night. He was clearly fouled by Ferdinand but because he stayed on his feet he got nothing. If he had fallen it would have rightfully been a penalty. If the authorities want to stop people exaggerating contact then they should encourage refs to blow for a foul whether or not a player goes to ground. That way the player has the incentive to stay on his feet and try to score, knowing that the penalty/freekick will still be awarded if he doesn't get the advantage.

Yep, I 100% agree. There was that incident with Gerrard on the first day of last season where he stayed on his feet but didn't get the pen even though he didn't score (against Sheffield Utd.)

Both refs were really poor in the CL semi's. The United ref was from Switzerland, it makes uou wonder what standard of football he refs week in and week out.

Yep, I 100% agree. There was that incident with Gerrard on the first day of last season where he stayed on his feet but didn't get the pen even though he didn't score (against Sheffield Utd.)

Both refs were really poor in the CL semi's. The United ref was from Switzerland, it makes uou wonder what standard of football he refs week in and week out.

did anyone see malouda go down at anfield in the league talk about a dive finnan was no way near him,so before you start slating gerrard check your own players out first

did anyone see malouda go down at anfield in the league talk about a dive finnan was no way near him,so before you start slating gerrard check your own players out first

Did I say Gerrard dived on that occasion? f**king scouser, give back the computer you stole to go in this forum.

You'd never catch Gerrard diving....

typical chelsea fans,cant accept critisism,malouda and drogba are 2 of the worst players for diving(only ronaldo is worse)in the pl,yes gerrard does go down a bit easily now and again but drogba was going down when someone ran near him,not being funny but the guys what,6ft tall weighs quite a bit and goes down like he does,it just makes you laugh,the guys got as much pain threshold as a butterfly,should change his name to f****** bambi

no ones saying stevies a saint,just that your lot are one of the worse teams for diving and being dirty b******* take tuesday night carvalho and terry were leading with there elbows everytime they challenged for a header,drogba going to ground more times than bambi on ice,if skirtl had touched drogba that much he wouldnt have got up,as for terry he is a dirty cheating c***,calls himself englands captain,he should be ashamed of himself

I accept that some of our players dive but what annoys me is that when Gerrard and Ronaldo etc. do it it is overlooked (Ian Wright even defended Gerrard when he did it playing for England in a game before the World Cup in 2006). But when it's Drogba its highlighted.

Drogba is terrible at times and Joe Cole is prone to it. But Gerrard is one of the worst for it and it isn't mentioned. Joe Cole doesn't get criticised as much for it in the media as he's English. You can guarantee if he was foreign it would be mentioned.

take tuesday night carragher and skirtl were leading with there elbows everytime they challenged for a header, torres going to ground more times than bambi on ice,if terry had touched torres that much he wouldnt have got up,as for gerrard he is a dirty cheating c***,calls himself englands captain,he should be ashamed of himself

see what i did there? you f**king hypocrite.

typical chelsea fans,cant accept critisism,malouda and drogba are 2 of the worst players for diving(only ronaldo is worse)in the pl,yes gerrard does go down a bit easily now and again but drogba was going down when someone ran near him,not being funny but the guys what,6ft tall weighs quite a bit and goes down like he does,it just makes you laugh,the guys got as much pain threshold as a butterfly,should change his name to f****** bambi

Leading with their elbows? f**k off, to jump you have to lift your arms. f**king bindipper.

you lot are all f****** blinkered,you want to come on rawk and see real fans having discussions,at least we can accept when our players dive and are a bit dirty,you lot cant even accept that terry is a dirty cheating whinging moaning whinning arse,wait till next week when we come down to silent bridge,your library of a stadium wont know whats hit em,get your free plastic flags ready++

as usual, a dipper comes onto the forum and looks a c**t. what a surprise. f**k off back to your wonderful rawk and your real football fans. what pugncaious little cretin you are. every time one of your lot comes on here they just waffle a load of bollocks. you`ll see that we havent defended our players, indedd we actually booed drogba a season ago because of his antics. yet the evidence is their about your beloved stevie me and all you can say is he goes down easy. get back to your rat eating sh*t hole of a city.

Archived