Essien Denies Inter Link

Jimboola69

According to the Channel Four website!

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_ ... ay24g.html

Mourinho's Inter text to Essien

Saturday 24 May, 2008

Former Chelsea Coach Jose Mourinho has allegedly sent Blues midfielder Michael Essien a text message, saying he will be Inter’s new boss.

The Portuguese left Stamford Bridge in September and has been repeatedly linked with the Nerazzurri.

Reports in Italy suggest the 45-year-old “Special One” ‘texted’ Essien after Chelsea lost the Champions League final on Wednesday night.

“Michael,” it read. “You have been great. On Monday I am going to Milan to sign a contract with Inter. I hope that, one day, you will be at Inter too.”

The future of current Nerazzurri boss Roberto Mancini has been in doubt for months despite last weekend’s Scudetto win.

Mancini infamously resigned after Inter were knocked out of the Champions League in March only to retract his decision and stay at San Siro.

The former Lazio and Fiorentina tactician will contest the Coppa Italia final against Roma this evening and end the season with the Nerazzurri.

Inter have targeted a number of Chelsea players in recent weeks, most notably Frank Lampard, seemingly in anticipation of Mourinho’s arrival.

i hope essien told him to politley to go away i'm staying at Chelsea ChElSea2.gif

Actually, Michael's response was

“Jose,” it read. “You have been Special. I am going to stay at Chelsea. I hope that, one day, you will be at back here too.”

• 2 weeks later...
ESSIEN DENIES INTER LINK

Michael Essien's representatives insists the midfielder is happy at Chelsea and have denied he has any interest in joining Internazionale.

There has been speculation that the Ghana midfielder would be reunited with former manager José Mourinho who was unveiled as the new Inter boss yesterday.

But Essien's agent Fabien Piveteau, confirmed: 'Michael is very happy at Chelsea and that is where he will be playing next season. His current contract runs until 2012. There has been no approach from Inter.'

Now that's a big relief woohoo.gif

This is great news.

When you consider that he is ALREADY a terrific player, and the three seasons he has had with us so far consist of:

Season 1 - First season adjusting to English football, and being played in a very defensive role by JM.

Season 2 - Spending the majority his matches filling in at centre back or right back.

Season 3 - Lack of form for the first half of the season (maybe due to JM's departure), then going off to the ACN, then coming back and playing as a right back for the rest of the season.

I really think that his versality (while it has been great for the club) hasn't helped his development over the last couple of years.

I think if he has a solid, injury free, ACN and World Cup free season where he has a locked in position in central midfield, he will become the best central midfielder in the world, and probably the most important player in the squad. You can't dominate a match from right back or centre back.

Why are we all so eager to believe a "representative" of Essien, when the news suits us. But if another player's agent links us with a move for their player, he's merely drumming up business?

Not that I am saying Essien's agent is doing this, but until Essien says it himself, I still worry

I dont trust anyone anymore in the world of football. So many smokescreens are thrown up these days, its impossible to tell whats what

But there is no doubt that Essien is the engine that is going to power this team for the next 5 years. Cannot let him go under any circumstances

Archived