TIME TO BREAK THE BANK FOR THIS GUY!!

yogic

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

there are many better, and though he has always been a good footballer, his injury record (and consequently his form) for bayern munich makes robben look like iron man and heskey look prolific.

I like him, but there are many more players worth getting more excited about.

one year ago, the collective hard on for benni mccarthy could have had god's eye out, and now he sits on the bench watching jason roberts dazzle all of lancashire.

santa cruz would be a decidedly mid range signing, and we need top range first 11 players, not a squad player who would needlessly get in the way of kalou and di santo's develpment.

He might not be the greatest striker out there ... but there's no harm paying a few Mil for a striker who just scored 20+ goals in his first season ...

We bought Anelka, who after Arsenal hasn't done much, apart from a few good performances at Bolton - yet, everyone expects him to explode next season in a 4-4-2 because of his supposed 'quality'.

He might not be the greatest striker out there ... but there's no harm paying a few Mil for a striker who just scored 20+ goals in his first season ...

We bought Anelka, who after Arsenal hasn't done much, apart from a few good performances at Bolton - yet, everyone expects him to explode next season in a 4-4-2 because of his supposed 'quality'.

He had one very good season at Blackburn, that doesn't mean he's great. And the moment we'll ask the 'few mil' sum you mentioned will triple.

I'd rather overpay, if we have to, for the world class players.

You wouldn't have to - he wouldn't cost that much.

The title meant to say - if he's avaliable, which he should be now that Hughes is out, then we should sign him - he could prove to be a bargain!

Anelka had One good season at Arsenal before Madrid bought him - he then had half a good season at Bolton before we bought him.

Anelka is the most expensive player in footballing history, with £87 million having been spent on his services since he left Paris Saint Germain for Arsenal in 1997. He was one of the best players in Arsenal side that won the domestic double and won the CL with Real, all by the age of 21. His immaturity and attitude affected his career in that he underachieved for most of it and spent too much time in average clubs but there's no doubt he's one of the top strikers in the world still.

Santa Cruz spent eight quiet years at Bayern where when he wasn't injured he was always a third or fourth choice striker. His season with Blackburn was his best since he left Paraguay at the age of 18.

I'm not keen.

Santa Cruz coming off the bench wouldnt exactly strike fear into my heart if i was up against Chelsea.

We have to go for young exctiting talent.

You can bet your life that Hughes will be looking to drag him to Man City now.

I would be over the moon if we got Benzema and Aguerro but i dnt think it will happen.

What about this guy? Big strong, confident finisher, young. He is going to be quality in the Euro's as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nks90W9I3x8

Ignore the first 40 seconds.

i think we were linked to him once.

he has 9 international caps with 6 goals!

I don't think Breaking the Bank is a term I would use for him. He is a great player, and has certainly stood out up at blackburn.

However, I thinkk Villa, Queresma, Arguero, Huntelaar, Van Der Vaart, Benzema are all morelikely to be targets of ours. Not all of them, but a couple out of that list, possibly 3 of them. I also think it all depends on Malouda, and what the new manager sees in him, if anything. Joey Cole has continued to improve and looked really good against the Swiss the other day, so if we were to sign a couple of these players, and have Kalou and Joey, we would have a very tasty strike/ attack force

Scott

Karim Benzema + Sergio Kun Aguero ?

I'm having orgasmic pleasure imagining an attack consisting of Benzema up front with Aguero and Joey either side of him. That would really be some sexy football we'd be playing.

Karim Benzema + Sergio Kun Aguero ?

I'm having orgasmic pleasure imagining an attack consisting of Benzema up front with Aguero and Joey either side of him. That would really be some sexy football we'd be playing.

You've just sent Brian an invitation to send you a private message.

Be afraid, very afraid.

sofa.gif

Archived