Marseille consider Boulahrouz bid !

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

No Quick Deal For Boulahrouz

Wed 11 Jun, 12:09 PM

Khalid Boulahrouz's agent believes any club interested in signing the Chelsea defender will need to wait until after Euro 2008.

Marseille coach Eric Gerets recently revealed his interest in the Holland international, who is expected to leave Stamford Bridge this summer after spending last season on loan with Spanish side Sevilla.

And while OM lead the chase for the defender, Boulahrouz's agent, Rodger Linse, has told the interested parties not to expect a quick answer.

Talking to Voetbal International, Linse said: "There is indeed interest from a French club. But I arranged with Khalid that we will sit around the table to speak about all the options no sooner than after Euro 2008.

"In the previous days more clubs have informed me about their interest in Khalid. But I will not bother Khalid at the moment with all that."

Boulahrouz started Holland's opening match at the European Championships on Monday when they defeated Italy

yes he had a good game, but put him up against someone with the slightest bit of pace and he is finished

lets see how how he copes against benezema/aneka /henry/ribery

yes he had a good game, but put him up against someone with the slightest bit of pace and he is finished

lets see how how he copes against benezema/aneka /henry/ribery

plainly it's a different boulahrouz. to be fair to the guy, he was never crap, just lost his confidence and then never really got another run due to injuries etc. but I'm pleased to see him playing well after two difficult seasons and hope it ups his price, he could do a good job for a side a little lower in the table.

If we can get a good fee to him I wouldnt be at all opposed, but as people say worse, we could do worse than having him back on our roster. Considering his versatility, and the fact that TBH quite plainly sucks, he would be a great fourth option.

But if he does go, I would like to see that fourth spot occupied by an academy product, namely Mancienne

I'm not so sure Boularouz would be prepared to come back as 4th choice.

Some of his per performances in a blue shirt were at least partially attributable to the fact he didn't start regually for the side and we are talking about a player who cost the club the several million pounds.