Community Shield

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

For the first time in 3 years the match wont involve Chelsea and for the first time since '96 it will involve a team outside the big four. I would like to see Pompey take down Man United again even though it's only a friendly.

Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Neville, Brown, R Da Silva, Ferdinand, Vidic, O'Shea, Evans, Evra, Silvestre, F Da Silva, Nani, Carrick, Scholes, Fletcher, Gibson, Possebon, Giggs, Martin, Tevez, Campbell.

vs.

James, Johnson, Campbell, Distin, Hreidarsson, Utaka, Diop, Pedro Mendes, Kranjcar, Crouch, Little, Sahar, Diarra, Defoe, Davis, Kanu, Wilson, Duffy, Lauren, Nugent, Mvuemba, Cranie, Ashdown.

For the first time in 3 years the match wont involve Chelsea and for the first time since '96 it will involve a team outside the big four. I would like to see Pompey take down Man United again even though it's only a friendly.

So would I but I can't see it happening in a month of Sundays

Would be nice to see Pompey win, but I think Man U will come out on top 2-1.

I hope Ferguson gives some playing time to Possebon and the two Brazilian twins, as I've been hearing good things about them.

Oh well, seems Portsmouth can't take penalties!

Lassana Diarra and Glen Johnson shot the ball to the stands from the spot...Chelsea doesn't train penalties too much.. :D

I'm glad Portsmouth coudn't do what we coudn't do. Their hopes would have been too high next weekend.

van der sar didnt even move on that last shot, what an awful attempt. Why is it that van der sar seems to have more success at penalty blocking than most keepers, does he take an extra moment to see where the ball is going before he dives because to me it looks like he doesn't get nearly as far over, but he is always going the right direction.

van der sar didnt even move on that last shot, what an awful attempt. Why is it that van der sar seems to have more success at penalty blocking than most keepers, does he take an extra moment to see where the ball is going before he dives because to me it looks like he doesn't get nearly as far over, but he is always going the right direction.

He's got his gamesmanship tactics perfected too.

The good news for us Pompey had virtually no offense and the defense looked ripe for picking apart with a few good passes. manu definitely could have scored had they connected a little better in the area. Good game for England's number 1 too.

Anyone else see when Tevez stepped all over Hreidason and then he grabbed tevez's foot in the box and tevez put his hand around hreidasons throat and pushed him off.

Anyone else see when Tevez stepped all over Hreidason and then he grabbed tevez's foot in the box and tevez put his hand around hreidasons throat and pushed him off.

Surely he didn't do that. That would be a bookable offence. <_< :D

Shocking game and shocking penalties by Pompey.

I think it's about time they did away with the Community Shield, both teams (bar Tevez) didn't appear that interested. I'd like to see something like the NBA All Star Game, get all the fans to vote for their favourite players at the end of the season and have a North vs South game.

Its about time the referees got to grips with Van der Sar not retreating syraight to his line for penalties. Anyone else notice Fergie waiting for the referee at half time as they came onto the pitch? New season new change :D

Fergie is above the law with the FA and officiating more than Wenger, even. That will never change until he finally retires for good

Should have been a red card but it will be glossed over I bet.