Ballacks Contract?

dkw
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

just saw this on channel 4`s italia site

"Juventus are already looking ahead to next summer's transfer campaign and Press reports suggest they are targeting Michael Ballack."

"According to Tuttosport, Juve are ready to table a contract worth around £4m per season.

Chelsea are unlikely to stand in the way of Ballack's departure at the age of 33 with Lampard, Michael Essien and John Obi Mikel committed to the cause.

Ballack will be allowed legally to negotiate with Juventus from January 1, 2009 when the Turin giants will have a better idea of their requirements."

i suppose it wouldnt be the worst loss, but im sure i saw somewhere ballack saying this would be his last contract.

I thinkn it will all depend on what we offer him and what Juve offer him. He is a football professional, and I think if he were to be offered to play week in week out, continually at a high level, then I think he would take it.

Ballack's position in our squad is certainly looking more and more tenuous with the extension of Frank's Chelsea contract. And with the emergence of Mikel, and Essien penning a new deal, and Deco here for a couple more years, then someone has to give. Now, I am not advocating for second that I want Ballack to elave, as I think he is a tremendous player. Also, with the loses in the CL and EC finals in the same year, he is a player who will have a lot to prove to himself. Also, he is a great leader, and has tons of major experience, so it'd be foolish to just have him warm the bench.

I think this will be his last season with us though

was excellent in his short time last week, our best player aside from carvalho last season despite only playing half of it.

I really can't see him not being a first choice for us now, and I think he'll take the option to extend his deal.

was excellent in his short time last week, our best player aside from carvalho last season despite only playing half of it.

I really can't see him not being a first choice for us now, and I think he'll take the option to extend his deal.

Based on past and current form, Ballack should be the FIRST name on the team sheet in my opinion. One of our best and most consistent performers since he joined.

Agree with the above, he should be playing week in, week out when he's fit. He was one of the best, if not the best, players in UEFA 2008. Juventus pro papers are always going to give an untrue slant on their reporting of his contract. I have no doubt, he'll stay - the Premier League is the best league in the world bar none, and he'd be mad to leave.

Anyone remember those Anyone But Ballack posts from a couple of years back?

yeah, he took a fair bit of stick at one point, but he was playing poorly and wasnt anywhere near fit. he wasnt really given the chance to run a game under jose and was kept on the peripheral a bit.

Agree with the above, he should be playing week in, week out when he's fit. He was one of the best, if not the best, players in UEFA 2008. Juventus pro papers are always going to give an untrue slant on their reporting of his contract. I have no doubt, he'll stay - the Premier League is the best league in the world bar none, and he'd be mad to leave.

+1 to this, quality player and I think as long as he's capable of playing at the very top level, he'd be silly to leave.