Player of the Year awards night

The Brit

I voted Drogba...it amazes me he's never won it and this season he deserves it, with all respect to the other guys...you have to ask yourself which player this season could we have not coped without...for me that's Didier

I'd go with Drogba.

Malouda has been immense. Ashley Cole was fantastic this year. And Lampard is Lampard, simply put the best midfielder in the world. Ivan is a hard worker but I don't see how he can win it.

Special Recognition Award went to Peter Bonetti...quite funny to see Michael Essien get really excited over this award and he actually ran on stage to give him a hug...maybe as he's injured he's having a few drinks! The players who are fit are on soft drinks only

Absolutely the correct decision for Drogs to get it. Not just for his goals and assits but for his all round work rate and, just as significantly, for his efforts in our own penalty box defending set pieces.

Quite possibly the best football playing farmer a 5 foot 3 Italian has ever seen.

Archived