Pompey away pre season

July 16th 3pm ko.

SOUTH COAST SUMMER FRIENDLY ANNOUNCED

Posted on: Wed 18 May 2011

A UK date has been added to the pre-season schedule with news that Chelsea will be playing Portsmouth away on Saturday 16 July.

Kick-off at Fratton Park will be at 3pm. Ticket information will follow.

The match will be shown live on Chelsea TV.

The game will be followed by four games in Asia, full details of which can be viewed in our On Tour section.

Fantastic news.

I have quite a few links with Pompey. Friends, family and I've actually lived there on a couple of occasions.

I can feel a long weekend catching up with a few people on the agenda :431:

I wish we played more friendlies like this like we used too. Of course it's understandable in this day and age that from a marketing point of view we now primarily go on these overseas tours to make money.

when this gets closer perhaps we can sort a pub to meet up at

Sounds like a good idea. I know the area fairly well and can recommend a few places. Maybe Albert Road in Southsea (10 - 15 mins walk from Fratton Park) About 12 pubs within one road that is about 3/4 of mile long. (and a few just off the main road in the side streets) Taking in every pub is called 'The Albert Road' shuffle'. Plenty of other pubs in Pompey, I remember hearing it has more pubs to the square mile than anywhere else in the UK. Sort it nearer the time anyway.

• 1 month later...

Archived