Never thought I say this

Tim W

It's a solid article. I'm personally glad we're not following that path. If Terry is convicted, then he will face a similar ban, and I hope we on here have the good graces to accept what he did was wrong and the punishment deserved without silly carryon.

An article with some good points to make. One enters indescribably dangerous territory when one begins to judge how good or bad an article or someone's opinion is by how much it approves of your own side - a lesson it seems Liverpool fans are slow to learn.

Pretty much agree with the central point. You make a reference to someone's colour, even in a 'friendly' way in a heated exchange, it's not going to be taken well.

The reaction of Liverpool FC as a whole has been shameful and it's happened at both club and supporter level. They have completely undermined many years of anti-racism work by their attitude. Can't blame them for contesting the original charge or even appealing, but they could've done the whole thing with so much more class rather than making it "us vs them" and creating all this bad feeling.

As much as I support Terry fighting his charge, I hope that we'll accept whatever verdict in a much better way that Liverpool.