Corner Kicks / Set Pieces

P4L.Chelsea

Ever since Lampard stop taking Corner kicks or Free Kicks , i think its pretty obvious that we havent been scoring off set pieces as much as we used to

When Lamps or Didier used to take free kicks , people used to rush into the box , atleast try to get something on it , we used to score so many goals like that which counted.

We get around 6-8 corners in every game , and Mata or Malouda go to take the Corner kick , and it hits the first defender closest to the near post , This has become like a routine , i have no idea why

When we have IVANOVIC at RB , thats an extra threat in the air for corners and setpieces , I think its time we start taking advantage of it , because not all teams have a RB who can head as well (2 thunderous headers vs Liverpool , can never forget)

I see almost every game , the Kick is taken short , and no one heads it in , no one can even reach it , and not to forget there is no pace on the ball

You give a team like Stoke or Norwich 6-8 Corners per game , Theyll beat teams by Four goals atleast :D

Since we have a HUGE PROBLEM in attack , might as well keep this as a backup

I remember the days when our Leader Terry used to be so GOOD at corners , and we used to get huge advantages , but now its very rare

Off the top of my head , we scored around 6-7 goals i think this seasons from set pieces , and i dont remember any being headers to be honest

Our corners have been crap for at least 3 years.how difficult is it to get the ball over the first defender and how many different players try and fail to take a decent corner.other top teams seem to have 2 corner takers we seem to swop it around and still we look as though we haven't got a clue.we scored so many under mourinho why is nobody capable of taking a decent corner

Tonight's corner kicks were terrible. They were either short or they were on the ground little passes.

I assume that was by design, not by accident. Does it mean that AVB didn't think Chelsea had the height in the box to go get a high cross? I know Terry's great on corners, but the team wasn't that short without him.

Its dissappointing to see terrible crosses and corners especially when you think of the great headers of the ball we have in our team, now even without thinking of todays game look at the aerial threat we have in our team : JT, Ivan, Luiz, Meireles, Torres, Drogs, Studge and Lukaku, y do we not cross more especially siv=ce with the ssystem we play our 2 wide men should be whipping them in as soon as possible, otherwise play 442

Have we ever been great at set pieces in the last 10 years? I can't remember us ever been strong in that department. We've had big lads who was dangerous in the air, but seldom have we been really dangerous.

Lampards freekicks was good though, but he can't hit them as well anymore. Drogba and Alex could score as well, but usually it took them several attempts before actually doing it.

And have we had someone who could really curl the ball over a wall? We've had hard shooters, but that's it.

Atleast we're better at defending on set pieces now. Remember a few seasons ago when we were shockingly bad at it. Think it was under Scolari.

Dude last 10 Years , we've been especially amazing at set pieces and corners

JT vs Barcelona , Ivanovic vs Liverpool (2 headers) , Most of our epic games we have won only because of lamps amazing set pieces and freekicks

All of our lads can head decently , even malouda learned how to head decent enough , Torres is still pathetic in the air for me

But the deliveries have been poor , and even gary cahill and luiz are supposed to be set pieces experts

Check this goal out :

JT vs Barcelona , Ivanovic vs Liverpool (2 headers) , Most of our epic games we have won only because of lamps amazing set pieces and freekicks

All of our lads can head decently , even malouda learned how to head decent enough , Torres is still pathetic in the air for me

But the deliveries have been poor , and even gary cahill and luiz are supposed to be set pieces experts

Check this goal out :

Great goal!!

Check this goal out :

Sorry, but that is completely wrong. Sure, we have scored on corners, I haven't said we haven't, and we have scored some big goals from corners. But if you add all the times we failed to score important goals from corners you'll see that we're not that great.

And I think we scored on just over 4% of our corners last season. Don't tell me that is good.