Happy Days for Bluebeard - Le Guen Quits/Sacked

loz
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

So Ferguson back as captain and who to take over as manager?

Yet another job for Souness?

You would think they would want a Scottish managher after what happened with le Guen although I think they would be happy enough with a British one. Maybe Curbishley jumped in at West Ham too soon.

Already a tip for the job. My brother just called, he was talking to Murdo MacLeod (ex-Celtic player who lives in our hometown) and he said the word 'behind the scene' is that Rangers will target Billy Davies.

That's the best news I've heard in bleedin' ages! woohoo.gifjumping0007.gif ::Smilie waver::

Rangers have got to go back to having a Scots manager. I never liked the idea of Le Guen at Ibrox, and he showed himself to be totally ignorant of Scottish football, as well as being an arrogant c*nt. All part of being French, I suppose icon_wink.gif

Billy Davies sounds good, but I'd even be happy to have Graeme Souness back icon_lol.gif

To be fair when they signed him his stock was pretty damn high ad it was considered a considerable scoop by David Murray.

I sense he was as happy to leave Rangers as they were for him to leave as he was beginning to realise that his 'attractiveness' to other clubs was being diminished rapidly.

it was considered a considerable scoop by David Murray

considered by you more than anyone!

I thought he'd do much better than he has done also, but I was a little wary given that about 30-40 % of what happens at lyon is not down to the head coach.

with Celtic now 16 points ahead, I am not suprised at all. THere is only so much "young team" excuses you can give.

I think if they took Walter Smith it would be to the detriment of an otherwise non-existent Scottish national side. So, Billy Davies wouldn't be a bad one

Scott

with Celtic now 16 points ahead, I am not suprised at all. THere is only so much "young team" excuses you can give.

I think if they took Walter Smith it would be to the detriment of an otherwise non-existent Scottish national side. So, Billy Davies wouldn't be a bad one

Scott

I agree about Walter Smith, he's doing a good job for the national side, and it wouldn't be right to bollox that up.

I've disliked/hated Le Guen from the start - he didn't exactly endear himself to Gers fans when he banished Ricksen to St.Petersburg for the season after they had a disagreement in the close season.

This was followed by the worst Rangers season that I can remember, and then he decides to strip Barry Ferguson of his captaincy and states he'll never play for the Gers again as long as he, Le Guen, was in charge - great man-management skills icon_eek.gif

he didn't exactly endear himself to Gers fans when he banished Ricksen to St.Petersburg for the season after they had a disagreement in the close season.

Hmm.... :?

A lot of Rangers fans up here, including my mates, were happy to see the back of Commando Fernando icon_lol.gif

I think Rangers would have got the best out of Le Guen NEXT season to be honest..........

he didn't exactly endear himself to Gers fans when he banished Ricksen to St.Petersburg for the season after they had a disagreement in the close season.

Hmm.... :?

A lot of Rangers fans up here, including my mates, were happy to see the back of Commando Fernando icon_lol.gif

I think Rangers would have got the best out of Le Guen NEXT season to be honest..........

I'm not surprised you wanted Le Guen to stay, being a Septic fan! icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

I always liked Ricksen, he was a fighter, and quite influential in the side.

Someone like Le Guen could never succeed at a club like Rangers - he seemed to want to stamp on any leadership that showed itself within the team, like Ricksen & Ferguson. I don't believe that players should run things, but when they're experienced pros, the manager should respect that and act accordingly. Le Guen is too arrogant to do that. And he's bleedin' French rant.gificon_wink.gif

The rumour going around up here Bluebeard is that Kris Boyd was another on the Le Guen list of players he disapproved of (from an attitude perspective)

Boyd is supposed to be one of those 'Come on Boys, let's Get Out There and Do These **@@&&) teamtalk players in the dressing room before the match.

Now (and this is very much allegedly) Boyd is supposed to have gone on one of these 'Let's get Out There and Do Them' speeches prior to a game which Ferguson was missing for (i.e. filling in for Ferguson) and Le Guen is supposed ot have told him to sit down and said that that attitude would never be tolerated in a football team run by him.

A lot of the rumours are probabyl nonsense and a combination of 'leaks' form players now trying to distance themselves form the Le Guen style and place themselves firmly in the Walter Smith style camp.

The other rumour yesterday was that Ferguson may still not be reinstalled as captain but I find that very very hard to believe. Once Walter Smith is in charge again (and it looks very much like he will be) then I expect Ferguson to be captain in a flash.

Personally I am not convinced that bringing Smith back is the answer. He is supposed ot be getitng installed in one of those mickey mosue director of football roles with McCoist an Durrant as his worker ants. McCoist and Durrant have no experience of managing clubs and I very much doubt Smith will be able to take that much of a hands off role.

This could be a bit of a knee jerk reaction (although they are not possible for David Murray icon_wink.gif ) deciding to pack the hieracrchy with 'Rangers Men' - the returning manager is rarely a story of great success.

I'm not surprised you wanted Le Guen to stay, being a Septic fan! icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

I always liked Ricksen, he was a fighter, and quite influential in the side.

Someone like Le Guen could never succeed at a club like Rangers - he seemed to want to stamp on any leadership that showed itself within the team, like Ricksen & Ferguson. I don't believe that players should run things, but when they're experienced pros, the manager should respect that and act accordingly. Le Guen is too arrogant to do that. And he's bleedin' French rant.gificon_wink.gif

Haha biggrin.gif !!

Seriously - Le Guen was a likeable guy. He was pretty calm under pressure. Our manager would have just snapped and quipped to the camera in that respect.

I didn't think he was that arrogant either. He seemed to nice to ever lose the plot in the dressing room at folk.

But, like they said, nice guys won't win you league titles.

Gordon Strachan is a pretty tedious individual but at the same time, he's got a pretty decent record as manager, so that goes to prove the hardass's get the drop on the 'Mr Nice Guy' managers.

I assume you've heard of Rangers new signings then ? Webster in, with Brown and Thomson to join in a few days.

Those three players alone SHOULD enhance that team no bother.

Gordon Strachan is a pretty tedious individual but at the same time, he's got a pretty decent record as manager,

He has? Strachan's record as a manager prior to joining Celtic is pretty far from decent. I think if Rangers and Hearts were putting up more of a challenge this season (and last season) you would find quite a few Celtic fans begining to question Strachan's managerial capabilties - so far it has been made pretty easy for him at Celtic.

He has? Strachan's record as a manager prior to joining Celtic is pretty far from decent. I think if Rangers and Hearts were putting up more of a challenge this season (and last season) you would find quite a few Celtic fans begining to question Strachan's managerial capabilties - so far it has been made pretty easy for him at Celtic.

Sorry, should've been more specific.

At Celtic , it's been pretty decent.

But yeah, I'm FAR from overly convinced by Strachan. I am not one of the many 'Strachan Haters' in the Celtic Support, and I'm well over Martin O'Neill, but at the same time, it's incredible luck that he's had since he's taken over.

To be fair though, Rangers were hideously poor when they won the league in 2004-2005(With those last minute goals by Motherwell against Celtic) and Martin O'Neill's Celtic STILL couldn't wrap up the title.

Strachan's done well to at least get the league won in record time, but tactically, he's a nightmare.

He can't seem to fit Jiri Jarosik into a proper position. He plays that awful Kenny Miller constantly, despite a pack of Haribo offering more threat up front, and if it wasn't for our outstanding goalkeeper, God Knows how many points we'd have lost this season.

In fact, we've had 3 draws in 4 games. Rangers lost twice, drew once and won one. Had they won all 4, the gap would be at 5 points.

I definetely agree with your point about him and he does need to be up against a season-long challenge from Rangers or Hearts to see exactly what he's capable of under pressure.

Well you don't win a league becuase of two last minute goals - you win a league over the course of the season but you are right that rangers were poor that year, everyone else was just that bit poorer and Celtic bottled it.

I was amazed when Celtic bought Kenny Miller - it made absolutely no sense to me at all and it just seemed like they were bringing in him purely because he was on a free transfer. Surely they may as well give riordan a run instead of Miller.

Jarosik has struggled to settle into the hurly burly of the Scottish game - he doesn't look like he particularly wants to be playing in it and hs certainly doesn't look like he is keen to get his boots dirty. I thought he would do fairly well at Celtic and still think he could if Strachan played him corectly AND if he pulled his finger out a bit (so I think there is fault on both sides there)

I also think Strachan should persist with Sno - he is potentially the best player in Scotland. he is still young and is going to have off games (like he has done) but I think if he is played consistently then he will improve quickly. The title is already in the bag so there is no great risk in giving him a regular first team slot.

Sno has been absolutely brutal in some games, but he's had the odd glimpse of class and shown that in a few years time he CAN be a very good player for us.

It's great that Lennon is out for the next three games.

Hopefully Jiri can come onto a game in his absense and keep him out the team, forming a formidible partnership alongside Thomas Gravesen in the centre of the park.

As for Kenny Miller. Don't get me started.

The guy's a complete joke. I said so when we signed him from Wolves in January. He's good at a team who sit back and wait to counter attack on teams and put all their energy into the last ten minutes of the game.

I.E - Scotland.

Not at a team like Celtic.

I'm well pleased with Webster being brought in, albeit on loan. Hopefully Rangers will make the deal permanent in the summer. Thomson & Brown could also be very good signings - I've been signing them up for years in FM! icon_lol.gif

I don't think bringing Walter Smith back would be a good idea, and as I said before, he's doing a good job for the national side - let him continue. And as for having McCoist & Durrant as back-up - not a good idea at all in my opinion! They were great players, but as Loz said, they've no management experience. And if McCoist's TV match analysis is anything to go by, we're doomed, doomed I tell ye......

I quite like Strachan, love his interview technique, he really makes me laugh. Clearly, he's not the best manager in the world, but he's got personality. O'Neill on the other hand, I f*ckin' despise! I never liked him as a player, and I think he's vastly overrated as a manager, the f*ckin' big mouthed tw*t. He's just one of those blokes that as soon as you see them you want to give 'em a slap w**k2.gif

Celtic have tabled an offer for the HIbs pair as well BB so it isin the air in terms of where they will end up. NOt sure if either has a favourite in terms of the Glasgow divide - from a career perspective they probably would be better going to Rangers just now as they are likely to get more first team action.