Xpert Eleven Thread 5

loz

Another season is nearly over. With one game left it appears that some of the most appalling refereeing since the 1915 'No Mans Land' game saw a Private Tomlinkson half volley into the top corner cancelled by a dicky offside decision have robbed the People's Champions Shed or Dead of a richly deserved title.

Anyone looking to join in the new season should sign up quickly - this link should take you to an invite to our league

http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=118938

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Do You mind if an "outsider" joins the fray? Put you Chelsea boys in your place (that will be 6th then, lol)

By outsider do you mean being a fan of a team that hasn't won the European Cup? :laugh2:

I may delete/edit this post in May 2013.

Realistically how far do you think you can go in the Champions League this year?

We certainly have the squad and the spirit to go all the way. But so do at least 6 or 7 other teams. Then there is always the suprise package every year. It takes a huge chunk of luck to win that competition too. Last season we were in such a tough group but we managed to get 10 points. That's usaly more than enough to qualify. This season i hope our draw is much more favourable. All that said i'm an old school City fan and i'm just delightined we are even in this competition.

How do you see the defending champions doing this time around?

We certainly have the squad and the spirit to go all the way. But so do at least 6 or 7 other teams. Then there is always the suprise package every year. It takes a huge chunk of lucl to win that competition too. Last season we were in such a tough group but we managed to get 10 points. That's usaly more than enough to qualify. This season i hope our draw is much more favourable. All that said i'm an old school City fan and i'm just delightined we are even in this competition.

How do you see the defending champions doing this time around?

I think we can get to the Quarter Finals and once you've got that you've always got a chance. But even the group stage could be difficult this year with teams like PSG, Juventus & Dortmund being seeded in pots 3 & 4.

• 1 month later...

With only three games left to go it would appear that an Inge Osterlund inspired season will see the title return to its rightful home at the Mighty Shed, managed by the man all your daughters wish they had lost, or will lose, their virginity to.

This just aheads up that anyone wanting to join in for next season should get their team registered within next 10 days. let me know if you need instructions of how to do so.

This is the invite link to join up Zola

Last game of current season is on Friday - a game which will see the league trophy paraded around the finest stadium in the land, with the finest team in the land and the finest looking manager in the land. New season will start about a week after that so you need to join between now and the start of the new season.

All comers welcome.

Archived