• Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
    • LA Noire
    • Starcraft II
    • Saints Row: The Third
    • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    • Dark Souls
    • Other

Since I have just recently gotten through the majority of the games from last year I wanted to play, I figured I'd see what everyone thought of a pretty solid year, especially at the end.

I think the only two contenders for me are Portal 2 or Arkham City. Skyrim was amazing for awhile, then boring, then amazing again, then boring, etc., but the other two were some great game experiences. I love Portal, but I went with Arkham City. I sat around for days solving all of the riddles so that I could beat the Riddler and save the hostages; actually trying to collect all of the collectibles is something that I usually avoid, but I wanted to keep experiencing new stuff so badly that I had to do it.

Thoughts?

I went for Skyrim, just an incredibly in depth game. But as you say, it was difficult to keep my interest for too long, but then when I went back to it it was brilliant again.

Portal 2 was close for me, took the quite brilliant idea of Portal and made a full game of it, which could quite easily have gone very badly wrong. But it didnt, and it was great.

If anyone selects Modern Warfare 3 they have serious issues. That said I didn't particularly enjoy Skyrim and I don't own Portal 2 or Batman so I have gone for Saints Row : The Third. The giant dildo weapon sealed the deal.

Portal 2 by a country mile. One of the few games I've played in the last few years that wasn't a complete let down. Also it's nice to play a game that isn't dumbed down (Battlefield 3, for example) to increase mass appeal, some of those puzzles were fiendish.

Only played 3 of those: Portal 2, Deus Ex, La Noire. So i'll give my quick review of those ones.

Portal 2: Very good. Great voice acting & script. Interesting story. Hard puzzles. 9/10

Deus Ex HR: Very nice aesthetics, reasonably interesting story. Slightly disappointing ending I thought. 8/10

LA Noire: Graphics were very nice, and the story was okay, though it did get very repetitive. 7/10

So for me it would have to be Portal 2.

Archived