Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charles Ryder

Football Manager 2014

Royally f**ked up my half time team talk after Lampard put us ahead in the 44th minute.

Lost 2-1 to Le Arse in the CoC final. sh*t cup anyway.

At least I can focus on the Prem and CL now. Got knocked out of the FA cup in the first round lol :/

Oh look. Another terrible youth intake...

Don't plan on renewing any of the old guards contracts. Going to sell Hazard at the end of the season as well. Get around 40M hopefully so I can rebuild the team. A whole defense re shuffle and a decent partner to ramires in CDM.

Still struggling to get Mata firing on all cylinders as well. 

Sorry Joey, they shaded possession so in the eyes of the football Gods they won....

:biggrin:

Interesting to hear that you're having bad youth intakes, my first one brought in a few really good looking striker prospects including this gem:

i49qcfjEY5Bkb.PNG

My transfer window was very productive, I decided to call time on Ashley Cole's Chelsea career and set up my left back stocks for years to come: I snapped up Baines from Everton for 18.25 million and Shaw from Southampton for an initial 16 million which could rise to 25 with add-ons. A few teams came in for Ash and I gave him the opportunity to finish his career with a spell at Milan. I've loaned Shaw out to Steve Clarke at West Brom.

I bought young Ryan Ledson from Everton for 6 million, he had the good sense to choose us over Manchester United.

My only other significant cash transfer was Matt Lowton, I decided to take advantage of Aston Villa's relegation and get him quite cheaply. I fought off the likes of Porto and PSV to secure his services, there was quite a bit of interest.

On the free front I nabbed a couple of promising looking German youngsters, and a certain Didier Drogba to take the third-string striker spot vacated by Samuel Eto'o. I've given him the number 78 shirt in honour of the year of his birth, very continental of me!

I decided to let Michael Essien go after a mixed season, a host of clubs made offers but I let Southampton take him for 2.3 million as a thank you gift of sorts for Luke Shaw. I signed Gareth Barry on a free to replace Essien as my midfield cover, he had a very productive season at Everton and will only cost me half as much in terms of wages. Result.

I sold off the deadwood, Moses, Atsu, Marin and Romeu, for a total of around 19.5 million. My two big sales of the window were Ramires and Willian, Bayern exercised a 20 million buy clause that I had included in Ramires' loan agreement last season, whilst I sold Willian to Monaco for 20 million to free up space in the team for Ross Barkley who had a productive season on loan at Celtic, winning the Scottish player of the year award.

I loaned out a huge array of players, most notably Romelu Lukaku to Dortmund. Lukaku had a disappointing year at Everton, only managing to score 6 league goals, but he had a great World Cup campaign with Belgium, scoring 6 goals and winning the young player of the tournament award. Hopefully he'll thrive in the Bundesliga and be an able replacement for Lewandowski.

Another player I decided to loan was Courtois, surprisingly few teams were interested in him at first so at one stage I was planning on rotating him with Cech. I even went as far as letting Schwarzer go, only to resign him a few weeks later when I needed him again! PSG made an offer but Courtois wasn't interested, Bayern came in and he was, so he's off to Germany for the season.

iZ99OTeusj6aY.PNG

A productive window all things considered, we managed to turn a healthy profit and are in the black financially. We've got a transfer budget of 49.5 million remaining and are £390,000 below our wage budget.

Damn, you've got really lucky with that striker through your youth intake.

Got a few of those players lined up next season (Brandt, and Ryan).

Lukaku did really well on his loan at Everton. 11 goals in 12 apps, but unfortunately he broke his leg and was out for the rest of the season. He'll be my 2nd choice next season with Lewandowski being my first after a stunning first season (30+ goals so far).

I actually nearly lost to Barcelona in the 2nd leg at the nou camp but Hazard got me 115th minute stunner in extra time. 

Drew Man United in the semis. The Football is getting a bit laboured now. I think the AI has discovered some good counters to my tactic, so I'm waiting for pre-season to fix it. 

Big shout for Chalobah by the way. Been excellent for me this season. Now a starter with Ramires. His determination is sh*t, but if you get JT to tutor him, it shoots right up to 15.

Sounds like your all doing better than me. Everytime I play as Chelsea I seem to turn them to sh*t!

I have already found one bug in the game. Apparently John Terry and Chalobah had fallen out with each other. So I spoke to John Terry and said "as captain I think that you should sort out the issue between John Terry and Nathanial Chalobah" He replied "Of course, I dont know what has got into them lately!".

I've just gone nuclear on JT after he reacted badly to a 2-week fine for getting red carded in a crucial match against Arsenal: I've stripped him of the captaincy and he won't be getting it back until things calm down. An extended spell on the sidelines will do him well, I think!

Centre backs seem to be really bad in this version. 

Will not be extending his contract. Sorry JT!

Arsenal won two trophies (The CoC and FA Cup). Surely that's a bug?  :Troll_Face:

Heres my 2013/2014 season summary:

Champions League

OFm7fUU.png

Premier League

pmUSQGr.png

lol?

JOnuE3t.png

Centre backs seem to be really bad in this version. 

Will not be extending his contract. Sorry JT!

Arsenal won two trophies (The CoC and FA Cup). Surely that's a bug?  :Troll_Face:

Heres my 2013/2014 season summary:

Champions League

OFm7fUU.png

Premier League

pmUSQGr.png

lol?

JOnuE3t.png

Jose has joined City in my save as well, we gave them a 3-0 pasting a few days after he was appointed (I utilised my alternate counter attacking system as we were playing away).

Tough luck in Europe, United managed to get knocked out in the round of 16 by Lyon in my first season (Real beat Citeh in the final).

I keep getting tempted to sell David Luiz as he's prone to picking up red cards but my real-life feelings for him keep clouding my judgement.

Here's a tip for anyone struggling to get the most out of Mata, play him out wide as an inside forward with a support duty: he's really taken off this season now that I've put Oscar in the middle instead. I'm guessing it's all that extra space...

We're sitting top in February but United are hot on our heels, we're both sitting on 51 points. Our league record stands at 16-3-4. Our next match is a trip to Old Trafford that will be pivotal as far as the title is concerned.

On the Cup front we've had another embarrassing semi final exit, this time at the hands of Burnley in the League Cup. Ah well, bigger fish to fry.

Playing the demo last night, started off with Mata tearing his hamstring in a friendly.... despite that started the season well, desperately trying to sign a striker, also brought in Sven Bender to play as a ball winning midfielder and he got man of the match in his 1st two league games.

I then beat spurs 4-2 and the game crashed. Going back on now to see how much of it I lost!

Edit: Most of it... Going to buy the full game and start again...  :laugh2:

Was gonna say just buy it mate. When you see how much you play it and compare the price against anything else it works out to be peanuts. Plus we will be starting an online league soon and need atleast 7 or 8 for it to be worth while.

Was gonna say just buy it mate. When you see how much you play it and compare the price against anything else it works out to be peanuts. Plus we will be starting an online league soon and need atleast 7 or 8 for it to be worth while.

Ordered but now they've ran out of keys  :laugh2:  Serves me right for dilly dallying.

Count me in. Will be well up for that. Not sure how it works though. Do you all have to be online at the same time or something? 

Oh sh*t. Have you already paid though?

Yeah, says they will have more keys within 12 hours though. It's all good, can experiment on the demo a bit before I start properly.

Count me in. Will be well up for that. Not sure how it works though. Do you all have to be online at the same time or something? 

You can be online alone i believe until matches where you have a human opponent. I think it could be a laugh though if theres enough of us.

Yeah, says they will have more keys within 12 hours though. It's all good, can experiment on the demo a bit before I start properly.

Good luck mate and let us know when your up and running