Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charles Ryder

Football Manager 2014

Has anyone read "Football Manager Stole my Life"?

Quote relating to the book " Even former Chelsea manager Andre-Villas Boas got into tactics and management because of his love of the series. "

So now we know what happened the week before Robbie got called back home.

Do we all have to be online at the same time? That could be a problem for me with the time zone difference.

Anyone in need of a bargain midfielder should look no further than Lucas Romero of Velez in Argentina, after two seasons on loan at Ajax he's rated on par with Schweinsteiger by Steve Holland despite only being 21.

ibeYHZoZPXeZn5.PNG

iYhcNcYOqIU45.PNG

In my first season, having a very inconsistent series of results.

Can't get a run going in the league, stuck in 4th at the moment, but breezed through my champions league group which included Dortmund and Atletico including a 5-0 away win against Dortmund (Admittedly I bought Lewandowski and sold them Ba, which is probably classed as cheating).

My best signing has been Dani Parejo. Needed a good passer to play DLP and also needed someone on set pieces, he's great at both. Averaging an assist every other game, £7m has been a bit of a bargain. 

Hazard has been poor, Mata poorer and Lampard has been dreadful. Mass exodus next July, methinks.

Restart my save. Didn't like how it turned out.

Started a new chelsea game and going for a Very Fluid system. I've always prefered to be defensively solid, so I thought I would go for a more attacking system.

4-2-3-1, Very Fluid, Counter Strategy. See how this turns out. I doubt it will be all roses and dandilions at the start, but once I get the players and the familiarity up, I think it could be decent.

In my first season, having a very inconsistent series of results.

Can't get a run going in the league, stuck in 4th at the moment, but breezed through my champions league group which included Dortmund and Atletico including a 5-0 away win against Dortmund (Admittedly I bought Lewandowski and sold them Ba, which is probably classed as cheating).

My best signing has been Dani Parejo. Needed a good passer to play DLP and also needed someone on set pieces, he's great at both. Averaging an assist every other game, £7m has been a bit of a bargain. 

Hazard has been poor, Mata poorer and Lampard has been dreadful. Mass exodus next July, methinks.

For me, the attacking players such as Hazard and Mata just shoot at every attempt. I tell them to shoot less and use the "work ball into the box" option but they still ignore it. I think it's being addressed by SI atm. 

Restart my save. Didn't like how it turned out.

Started a new chelsea game and going for a Very Fluid system. I've always prefered to be defensively solid, so I thought I would go for a more attacking system.

4-2-3-1, Very Fluid, Counter Strategy. See how this turns out. I doubt it will be all roses and dandilions at the start, but once I get the players and the familiarity up, I think it could be decent.

I use a very fluid tactic with an attacking strategy but use the 'Be More Disciplined' instruction (and a few others). Tends to stop the players running around like headless chickens.

I'll upload a screenshot of my tactic when I get home from work.

Do we all have to be online at the same time? That could be a problem for me with the time zone difference.

Anyone in need of a bargain midfielder should look no further than Lucas Romero of Velez in Argentina, after two seasons on loan at Ajax he's rated on par with Schweinsteiger by Steve Holland despite only being 21.

Thanks for the tip, will probably use this guy to replace Lampard. He's 36 now and can barely last one game.

The old guard are generally being replaced in my second season. Even Petr Cech has lost his place to Courtois because of his performances. Only John Terry now is a first team regular but suffers with fitness issues.

If its a really good tactic or if anyone here has a great tactic please PLEASE P-L-E-A-S-E export and upload it here. This is the first fm that i have ever struggled with. Im not sure if its teething issues in the game play and a much needed patch will sort it out or if im just destined to be renamed Chirs Houghton for the rest of my life.

Cech : Good

Azpi/Ivan : Okish

J.T : Solid

Cahill/Luiz : Terrible

Ash : Terrible

Frank : Terrible

Rambo/Essien : Okish

Three Amigos : Not great

Alternate 3 Ginks/Willian/Squirrell : Have their moments

My forwards are all injured so use The Squirrell as a stop gap CF

HELP!!!

I'm trying desperately to sign Balotelli but keep being priced out, thus why I had to settle for Jackson Martinez.

Mario keeps rejecting Milan's new contract offers though so I'll try again next summer.

P.S. Can you tell that I'm bored at work?

ScreenyShot4Nov2013183459_zps7780c60b.pn

Voila, my team and tactic I use. It's relatively simple but seems to do the job. I did intend to post a screen shot of the my 'Team of the Season' for the last but cannot find it anywhere.

EDIT: I had to change the file extension for it to upload. Change it to '.tac' when you download it and it should work.

4-2-3-1 CFC.zip

Doesnt support that file. Can you export it without zipping it up mate, it will only be very small anyways.

It's not zipped, I just changed the file extension so it could be uploaded. Just change the file extension to .tac and hopefully it should work.

If not, I'll have to think again. Once I get home from the pub!

John Obi Mikel sh*t stirring....

Adam_Bradley_News_Inbox.jpg

Note the teams form in the bottom right...

Finally my team has clicked and then Mikel tries to mess it up. Probably just upset because I sold him to PSG on the cheap...

John Obi Mikel sh*t stirring....

Adam_Bradley_News_Inbox.jpg

Note the teams form in the bottom right...

Finally my team has clicked and then Mikel tries to mess it up. Probably just upset because I sold him to PSG on the cheap...

Torres is Mr. Positive:

ibrvornqfxQsIw.PNG

As he bloody well should be too, I'm still paying him 100k per week! Ashley Cole ended up with him At Sampdoria, funnily enough.

ie7JPN5xjHCw1.PNG

It's all going wrong!

Out of the CL and trying to keep up with a rampant Mourinho-lead Citeh.

ik4nytNxuXmfg.PNG

Our run-in is smooth other than the United double header.

iX2ovPTFilizK.PNG

edit: How bloody typical is this?

iiEqu0hidQtR9.PNG

iINulbZ30B7Hi.PNG

It's a conspiracy I tell you, a conspiracy!

Fact!