House of Cards

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I've never seen the original - only knew there was a mini-series of the same name when someone told my a day or so ago. He managed to watch the entire two seasons in two days.

I'll probably end up watching it quickly, I watched Breaking Bad in a couple of weeks. This is the same, a few episodes in and I'm hooked. Spacey completely controls the whole thing, he does an amazing job portraying Frank Underwood.

Kevin Spacey is a brilliant actor.  But I have shied away form watching this because the original with Ian Richardson was so good.

Maybe I'll buy the first series.

Kevin Spacey is a brilliant actor.  But I have shied away form watching this because the original with Ian Richardson was so good.

Maybe I'll buy the first series.

"You may very well think that i couldn't possibly comment".

oH, PLEEEEEEEASE DO!

100% agree with you Moi i watched all three again recently and my fav is "To play the King". The scenes with Ian Richardson and Michael Kitchen are the epitome of two actors on top of there game. I have the US version on DVD (xmas present) and have heard good things but like you i just don't think it will match up with the UK version. After all "To play the King" in essence was a thinly disguised dig at the royal family and was so funny especially the Fergie type character.

100% agree with you Moi i watched all three again recently and my fav is "To play the King". The scenes with Ian Richardson and Michael Kitchen are the epitome of two actors on top of there game. I have the US version on DVD (xmas present) and have heard good things but like you i just don't think it will match up with the UK version. After all "To play the King" in essence was a thinly disguised dig at the royal family and was so funny especially the Fergie type character.

Ooooh!  I'm going to like you, bazza!

Ooooh!  I'm going to like you, bazza!

Hope i'm not going off topic here Moi, but i was at a car boot sale a few weeks ago and bought for £1 a dvd of a show i used to love but completely forgot about Chance in a Million. I forgot what a fine looking woman Brenda Blethyn was(is) but it's Simon Callow's performance that is the show really

Gosh!  I have never seen that - I think I'll have a look on Amazon and see what they're charging for it.  It's always good to have recommendations, and you clearly have good taste (since it coincides with mine - :happy001:)