Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hudsonalan

Thumbs up for Warburton

I think so too.

Really excited about this appointment.

Warburton is a really positive move, he brings through youth and gets them playing a great brand of football. Exactly what is needed at Rangers just now and I hope King backs him in the transfer market this summer.

Boyne - I'm actually feeling positive (for once!) A nicely balanced team of youth and experience is all I ask.  I do trust Davie Weir to get the defence sorted and Warburton did well on a shoe string at Brentford, Rangers is a massive opportunity for him and he looks like he really appreciates that.   

Hi Carrickblue, it's been a momentous few weeks at Ibrox. There is a confidence back and like you I am feeling positive. I've read some of the posts on Follow Follow and people are so much happier and confident about the future. I agree with you that there needs to be a balance of youth and experience. Weir is a great signing. Warburton bringing him back to Ibrox reminds me of when Jose brought Steve Clarke back to Chelsea: it's having someone who knows and loves the club. Warburton has only been there a couple of days and he's already picked up on the history of the club.

It would have been great if the club had been promoted but thinking about it another year in the Championship may help - it would allow Warburton and Weir to build a team.

Results of last EGM have been announced. The club has voted against immediate repayment of the £5 million loan to Ashley. I wonder what he will do next.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33151538

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/9482-general-meeting-voting

WATP

A great gesture from the club. 87 years following the team. Must have some great stories to tell. Nice to be presented with the ST by two Rangers legends.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/9500-100-year-old-fan-rewarded

RANGERS manager Mark Warburton and legends Davie Wilson and Willie Henderson made a special visit to Ibrox today to celebrate the 100th birthday of the Club’s oldest season ticket holder, John Connelly.

John, who was born on 28th June 1915, has followed the Light Blues for more than 87 years and has watched some of the greatest ever Rangers players during that time.

He attended his first game at the age of 13 and has seen Rangers play under every manager other than William Wilton. 

In recognition of John’s long-standing support, Mark Warburton and Club legends Davie Wilson and Willie Henderson presented the Centenarian with a special gift of his 2015/16 season ticket in the Sandy Jardine Stand.

Mark Warburton commented: “I am delighted to be here today to help John celebrate such a significant milestone.

"I have enjoyed hearing about the many great Rangers legends he has seen over the past 87 years and I am very pleased to present him with his 2015/16 season ticket on behalf of everyone at the Club."

Willie Henderson added: “John has so many fantastic memories and it has been great reminiscing with him today. It is remarkable he can still come along to the games at Ibrox and I am delighted the Club has recognised his loyalty with this gift today.”

Fans group Rangers First have also recognised John’s loyal support and have made him their first Honorary Member.

Rangers First Director, Ricki Neill said: “Rangers First are very proud to make Centenarian John Connelly our first Honorary Member.

“John has been going to Ibrox for approximately 87 years and has had the opportunity to watch many legends like Dawson, Morton, Shaw, Baxter and Henderson right through to Cooper and Laudrup and is now honoured by the Club he loves.

“I was pleased to hear the new Rangers board helped to honour this achievement and yet again it shows the fans that we have the right men on the board now. All Rangers First members are proud to have John as a fellow member.”

Rangers have signed Danny Wilson on a 3 year deal and Rob Kiernan on a 2 year deal.

That's two upgrades and the centre back positions sorted for the coming season.

Good to see Wilson back at the club. Was at Ibrox in 2009 to watch Rangers play Stuttgart in a European tie and Wilson played - he must have been 17 or 18 at the time. It was the first time I had seen him play and thought he had great talent and potential. 

Good to see Wilson back at the club. Was at Ibrox in 2009 to watch Rangers play Stuttgart in a European tie and Wilson played - he must have been 17 or 18 at the time. It was the first time I had seen him play and thought he had great talent and potential.

Still only 23 too so plenty time to develop further at the club.

Eustice from Derby is at the club today to see what the club is all about and take it from there.

Still only 23 too so plenty time to develop further at the club.

Eustice from Derby is at the club today to see what the club is all about and take it from there.

Agree about Wilson. I think he was badly advised about the move to Liverpool. It didn't work out for him there. Warburton is very keen on promoting youth with a couple of experienced players e.g Warburton. Here's a very good article from the Glasgow Evening Times.

MARK WARBURTON insists he is not interested in a quick fix at Rangers this summer as he builds his squad for the new Championship campaign.

Rangers are poised to officially confirm the return of Danny Wilson to the club today after he passed a medical and agreed terms on a three-year deal to become the first arrival of the transfer window at Ibrox.

Wigan defender Rob Kiernan was also at Murray Park yesterday as he closes in on a switch north of the border, while Warburton is keen on a deal for former Derby midfielder John Eustace.

And the Gers boss will make sure any acquisitions will benefit Rangers beyond his first season in charge.

Warburton said: “No, I don’t think short-term fixes work. I’m sure someone will say there are examples in the past [when it has worked] but for me it’s about building blocks and putting a firm foundation in place. That would be my message to the staff.

“Rangers need to get to where we need to get to and we need to do that in the quickest time possible. We need to do it in the right manner with firm foundations that allow the club to move forward.”

With just a month to go until Rangers begin their campaign with a Petrofac Training Cup tie, Warburton and assistant David Weir have little time to wheel and deal in the transfer market.

But that doesn’t mean they will rush into signings and squander resources just to add players for the sake of it.

Warburton said: “We’ve got to look to get the right players at the right value for the club.

“That’s really important to us, good value for every pound that we spend.

“We never want to give the impression that we are desperate for players because we don’t want agents to think we are a soft touch. That will never be the case.”

Warburton has inherited a first team squad of just 14 players following a raft of big-name departures at the end of the campaign.

And the Gers boss isn’t likely to go back and offer deals to those players that chairman Dave King claimed “failed miserably” last season.

He said: “Those boys have gone. Obviously that was done before Davie and I came on board.

“But we have looked at the squad and there are some very talented young players who we are looking forward to working with.

“It’s about us making the appropriate additions. People will say you have to get five players in quickly but they have to be the right players.

“If you rush into it you are on a hiding to nothing. So it’s about getting the right players at the right time?”

http://m.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/13...hort_term_fix/

Have checked our and Rangers fixtures and there are a few weekends when we're away and Rangers are at home so I can start to plan a couple of trips to Ibrox. Hopefully will be able to tie it with the Founders Trail. Have read good things about the Trail.

Have checked our and Rangers fixtures and there are a few weekends when we're away and Rangers are at home so I can start to plan a couple of trips to Ibrox. Hopefully will be able to tie it with the Founders Trail. Have read good things about the Trail.

It's fantastic mate.

Have a look for this guys posts as he deals with it.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=284539#entry1062748046

We’re pleased to publish our Founders Trail and Ibrox Stadium Tour dates for the remainder of 2015.

The Tours will run on the following dates but may be subject to change due to our fixtures being moved.

Sunday 23rd August

Sunday 13th September

Sunday 18th October

Sunday 15th November

Join us on a journey of discovery back to 1872 when The Rangers were just the dream of a group of young kids who gathered on Fleshers Haugh. They had no ball, no football kit and used a bush on the Glasgow Green as a changing room.

Their Club, which they nurtured, was to become the world’s most successful and it all happened on the streets of Glasgow.

Our journey takes us to the area of Fleshers Haugh where The Rangers played their first ever match, we also visit Glassford Street, Union Street, Berkeley Street, Burnbank, Kinning Park, Craigton Cemetery and many other places of interest before finishing off our day with a tour of our magnificent Ibrox Stadium.

During our journey we have a 30 minute break at the West of Scotland Cricket Ground in Partick which was the scene of the Rangers first ever Scottish Cup Final in 1877. It gives everyone a chance to unwind, grab a beer or soft drink and a bite to eat at a beautiful and historical setting.

Prices are as follows.

Adults : £21

Children (under 16) and Senior Citizens £16.

Group discounts are available upon request.

Please book early to avoid disappointment.

To reserve your seat just send an email to :

thegallantpioneers@googlemail.com

For further information phone : 0790 2855536

An insight into our research can be found here on our website.

www.thegallantpioneers.co.uk

Thanks for posting about the trail, Chelsbear.  Will now work out when we're away and Rangers are at home and there is a trail on. Think there are three weekends this year. Just need to contact my cousin about ticket for the game.

Had a look on the Gallant Pioneers website. What a great job they do. Impressed by the recent work on the 1877 team.

Due to an overwhelming level of bookings for The Founders Trail and Ibrox Stadium Tour we’re delighted to announce an additional date to cope with demand.

The Founders Trail will now operate on Sunday 2nd August 2015.

Tours will also operate on :

Sunday 23rd August

Sunday 13th September

Sunday 18th October

Sunday 15th November

All Tours may be subject to change due to the possibilty our fixtures being moved.

Glad to see Foderingham come in today. Badly needed a new number 1 IMO. Also Durie and head of sport science Jim Henry moved on... Warburton is a man with a very methodical plan.