Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hudsonalan

Thumbs up for Warburton

Wasn't sure where to post this. A great statement from Dave King.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/dave-king-statement-5/

WATP

Thanks for posting that. I have to say that if other clubs were to go down the route of stripping titles then Rangers fans would be completely justified in a lengthy boycott of away fixtures. Boycotts are unwelcome of course and the idea provoked a very mixed reaction from Rangers' fans when we were vindictively humbled by the SFA/Celtic cartel but why would I pay to go to Easter Road if they have voted to strip us of titles? No chance. Strip 5 titles and you'll not get the Rangers pound for another 5 years - seems fair to me.

Thanks for posting that. I have to say that if other clubs were to go down the route of stripping titles then Rangers fans would be completely justified in a lengthy boycott of away fixtures. Boycotts are unwelcome of course and the idea provoked a very mixed reaction from Rangers' fans when we were vindictively humbled by the SFA/Celtic cartel but why would I pay to go to Easter Road if they have voted to strip us of titles? No chance. Strip 5 titles and you'll not get the Rangers pound for another 5 years - seems fair to me.

You're welcome CB. I read some of the comments on King's statement of Follow Follow and the 'Gers supporters are very grateful for what he has said. I remember reading the posts on FF about boycotts and the debate was heated and that's putting it mildly. You're right, if titles are taken away there will be justification in boycotting away games and the other clubs will suffer and it will serve them right. 

SFA/Celtic cartel have been after the 'Gers for years and the team keeps fighting back. They picked on the wrong team.

Warburton - confirms he's committed to Rangers despite alleged interest from Fulham and others. So pleased to hear that, it'd be a disaster if he left Ibrox at this stage. If Rangers can hold on to him for 2 or 3 seasons I'd be confident we'd be right back at the top of Scottish football

Warburton - confirms he's committed to Rangers despite alleged interest from Fulham and others. So pleased to hear that, it'd be a disaster if he left Ibrox at this stage. If Rangers can hold on to him for 2 or 3 seasons I'd be confident we'd be right back at the top of Scottish football

Great news. He is doing a wonderful job at Ibrox and long may it continue. Agree with you CB give it 2 or 3 seasons and they'll be back at the top. Here's Warburton at a recent press conference. Good for him for giving stick to the press.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/gaffer-tells-squad-hes-staying/

The away end for fans at Ibrox is an awful view for football. Was very difficult to see the match when it was up the other end.

Besides that, an otherwise enjoyable match yesterday.

I appreciate some potential offers he's had from England may offer more money and security given rangers' financial plight, but rangers is a much bigger club than all he's been linked with and if he gets them back in the premier, and back to beating celtic to titles, he will get a far richer reward than keeping a so-so club in the premier league or a championship club into the top flight

Thought given the general despair and despondency on all our Chelsea threads that I'd pop in here just to reflect on what a great start Warburton has made at Ibrox. Whoever advised Dave King to get Warburton deserves a medal. He's just what the club needed after McCoist and has given the current group of players the confidence to play open, exciting, successful football. It's not as easy at Ibrox as many people might think. The pressure to succeed is intense, the traditions of the club are so great that for young players coming in the weight of expectation can be a heavy burden. But under Warburton's leadership this group of players has shown the capacity to take the club forward after a frankly grim campaign last season.

On other threads people are commenting on what would happen if Chelsea found their way into the Championship, well, I guess it'd be a bit like Ibrox throughout the turmoil of the last 4 years. Really committed, dedicated fans would see it through no matter what, glory hunters would disappear for a while until they turned a corner, the playing staff would be radically altered and younger players would inevitably get a chance.

Rangers were always going to survive the drop to the bottom tier. It's taken a little longer than some thought it would to pull ourselves together again and to look like we could cope in the Scottish top flight but now there is stability throughout the club. The right people seem to be in the boardroom and the right man is leading the playing staff. The future for Rangers looks fairly bright to me. During our absence from the top flight nobody has really improved nor has the Scottish game moved on significantly - our absence has taken its toll on the rest of Scottish football and when we do return, hopefully next August, Rangers will be well placed to get back to the very top of the Scottish game.      

A great result and performance yesterday. Will do them the power of good. Holt's first goal and the goals from Clark and Waghorn were class. The club is going to appeal against Halliday's red card and rightly so. The 'Gers fans were in fine form yesterday. Great singing.

A great result and performance yesterday. Will do them the power of good. Holt's first goal and the goals from Clark and Waghorn were class. The club is going to appeal against Halliday's red card and rightly so. The 'Gers fans were in fine form yesterday. Great singing.

Great result. We're still heading in the right direction.

Here Boyne, I think you and me have just about kept the Rangers board alive and kicking this year - cheers mate, wishing you a happy and healthy New Year. Maybe we'll attract a few more Gers fans when we're back in the top flight. WATP :blue scalf:   

Great result. We're still heading in the right direction.

Here Boyne, I think you and me have just about kept the Rangers board alive and kicking this year - cheers mate, wishing you a happy and healthy New Year. Maybe we'll attract a few more Gers fans when we're back in the top flight. WATP :blue scalf:   

Thanks Carrickblue, wishing you a happy and healthy New Year as well. As you say, they are heading in the right direction. Will be great to see them back in the top flight where they belong.

WATP